Search results

1. JL8888

Turning speakers on their sides or upside down? Need solution for my desktop setup

I only have about 6-7 inches below the monitor, unfortunately they are too high at 13 inches.
  2. JL8888

Turning speakers on their sides or upside down? Need solution for my desktop setup

I would love to experiment, but this is a new build. I don't have anything to test this out with hence my post here. I want to make an informed purchase rather than taking a chance.
  3. JL8888

Good point. I think again it comes down to the design of the speaker. If it's a concentric design the mids are coming primarily from the same height as the tweeter. If it's a standard 2-way then the mids are coming from the woofer and therein lies the rub I think.
  4. JL8888

I considered that, but after looking I kept asking myself are there any really good sound bars out there? I haven't seen any that I would consider good in terms of sound quality and imaging compared to a proper 2-way setup. The ones that are decent seem to be very overpriced to boot. Maybe there...
  5. JL8888

I would go crazy if I had to wear headphones for 10 hours, but it would be the perfect solution otherwise as it's much easier to get good sound with headphones. Behind would not work.
  6. JL8888

If the speakers were at a normal height, I would agree, but in my instance it would be placing the woofer/mid quite a bit above my head so that is my concern.
  7. JL8888

Unfortunately this is not an option. I need all three monitors in the standard configuration.
  8. JL8888

I am basically looking to confirm if this in fact works properly, hopefully from those who have this kind of setup. Do speakers like the Elac Ubi 51/52 work as their tweeter/mid is concentric but with a separate woofer, or does it have to be something like a KEF LS series that is completely...
  9. JL8888

I know I am not the only one with this challenge, and I suspect fleshing this out here will help others in the future. I spend a ton of time at my desk and want high-quality sound. My desktop setup, however, is not conducive to good speaker placement. I know turning almost any speaker on its...
  10. JL8888

AV Furniture Brand Recommendations Please

Sorry, maybe I led you wrong there saying "within". I am primarily looking at open solutions, not enclosed. The integrated amp is class A for the first 50 watts so it throws some heat, and the tube amp obviously gets pretty warm as well. I am ok spending up to 500 bucks for the right solution, I...
  11. JL8888

I am not really considering DIY at this point, looking more for a finished product, but the discussion is a good reference for anyone who reads this later. I am not considering Ikea and other budget-type options because I have special requirements they can't meet: 1) the 9 inch high center...
  12. JL8888

Overpriced to me means, lower ROI for the quality you get. Monolith, Sanus, Pangea to me are high value for the investment and to me definitely not overpriced. It's always a personal decision, for sure, just stating my own impressions. Nothing wrong with them, just lower ROI compared to some...
  13. JL8888

Oh right, I forgot to mention Bell'O and also Furnitech. Both seemed a bit overpriced.
  14. JL8888

Audio furniture: AV stand (TV stand)

Looks very simple yet elegant. Are you in the USA? Would be good if they had a distributor here.
  15. JL8888

Indeed I have been searching the usual suspects and other sites: Best Buy, B&H, Crutchfield, Amazon, Audiogon, etc. For some reason, it seems that I am missing something. There must be more brands out there, i hope!
  16. JL8888

The cheapest Salamander model that is bare bones and does meet my requirements is 850 USD here (same line you recommended): Salamander Synergy Triple 20 The 9 inch height requirement for my Center Channel eliminates many models from my list, including some of the Salamander models. Most are 8.0...
  17. JL8888

I have been scouring the web for decent AV furniture/racks that are reasonably priced. I am in the USA. I am trying to accomodate my 65" TV, a very high center channel (9 inches), an AVR, and other equipment. I am hoping the community here can help make some recommendations. I have found the...
Top Bottom