Search results

1. R

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Quick question. Do your Truthear IEMs suffer from rubber tips getting stretched and basically falling off the nozzles? Mine seem to do it after about 2 weeks of use? They no longer stay on the nozzles when I take the IEMs out of my ear canal.
  2. R

Music with amazing sub bass. Anything goes.

I don't think we need any definitions here. It's not a scientific topic. Some genres of music (drone, noise, ambient, IDM) will have content below 40Hz mark that while not strictly "musical" is entertaining to feel or hear. I also don't think that people should run tracks trough spectrum...
  3. R

"Subs" is such a classic tune!
  4. R

I love the first seismic stomp before this track fully gets going
  5. R

I think we need a thread that focuses on music with sub bass. Anything goes: classical, drone, electronic. Miami bass. The lower the frequency the better even if it is just for a second. Some tracks to get us started:
  6. R

Electronica/dance/techno/et cetera.

No matter on what gear you play this - it always sounds amazing.
  7. R

Electronica/dance/techno/et cetera.

Autechre at their best. You can play this track at any loudness level and it still sounds great!
  8. R

Looking for a DAC/AMP combo for max. 350 USD / 300 EUR

Hi I can recommend Topping dx3pro. I use it for hd600 and as a source for Stax amp. Zero noise that I can hear.
  9. R

If "Tube Sound" Is a Myth, Why Tubes?

So can the "magic of tubes" be attributed to amps having output transformers? Also "If by this one means "solid state amps are far less affected by impedance dips because of their lower output impedance than tube amps" I would agree. Noticeable, that entirely depends on the design." I think...
  10. R

And this: Ultra-linear. The Screen acts as a second Grid modulating the gain of the valve in opposite phase to the Anode. This return path acts as an automatic Negative feedback that removes most if not all residual distortion created by the output valves and output transformer. Ultra-linear...
  11. R

@mhardy6647 maybe I wasn't clear (again I'm here to learn). I meant this specific part: " Comparison If an imaginary speaker had no internal Reactance and behaved as perfect 8R resistor across the frequency spectrum, there would be little auditory difference between a valve and solid-state amp...
  12. R

Sorry I meant correct and the whole thing went very meta. Ok so to make things clear: will a valve amp in ultra linear mode or tetrode configuration (I think it's what author mentioned) supply more power to the speaker in line with its raising impedance? Is it any different to a solid state...
  13. R

Thank you for all the links. I'm always keen to learn. I think that this article is not aimed towards engineers and is trying to explain the difference between both amps in a way that a layman like myself can understand. My question is: Is the core assumption of Valve amps supplying the full...
  14. R

Well you would think that someone with 50 years of experience in audio knows what they are writing about. But since I'm not a subject expert I would appreciate if you could point all the nonsense so I can email the author.
  15. R

Yeah that's an exaggeration. I don't have a horse in this race.
  16. R

Well assuming drastic changes in speaker impedance telling the 2 apart shouldn't be a problem.
  17. R

After http://education.lenardaudio.com/en/14_valve_amps_7.html The entire article on valve amps is worth reading: Valve amp A valve amp does not require negative feedback to enable it to function. The primary purpose of Negative feedback is to quieten the amp and provide some damping to the...
Top Bottom