Search results

1. J

3e Audio TPA3255 Amplifier Kit 480-1-29A Review

trying to decide if I will put 3 or 4 modules in a case. could you advise as to the minimum suggested spacing between the modules so as to eliminate any chance of module to module electrical interference. Thermal issues are not a concern for me as I have ample airflow across the output inductors...
  2. J

3e audio TPA3255 260-2-29A Amplifier Review

As it appears the spec sheet has not yet been updated, can you provide the maximum current for the new 12V output connection? Thank You
  3. J

"Bamboo Project" : Dual Mono 3E Audio 480-1-29A Amplifier

can you confirm that the 480-1-29A has also been changed to rev B? presumably the new versions will both be available with the next ordering opportunity.
  4. J

"Micro Bamboo Project" : 3E Audio 260-2-29A Stereo amplifier + Micro-Audio PSU

where did I say that YOU MIcro Audio made that claim ?? I did not. Are you trying to diminish the value of my opinion by referencing statements I never made?? I clearly said "this lack of transparency led people to believe.." I feel that owing to the model designation with NO additional...
  5. J

I I recall correctly, we know that the sinad increases a tiny bit by running the 36 vdc vs 48vdc, but no human can tell 103db from 105db so who cares. it's just soooo far beyond the human range of perception...clearly the max amp power output is less with the lower supply voltage, any other...
  6. J

I can't help help but wonder if you aren't looking at this the wrong way. You state that the Mornsun et al. drop in power output when used without fans, but imply that the Micro audio does not, so you ask if this could possibly result in perceived audible effect as stated. The Micro audio will...
  7. J

but is it truly redundant if a different facility takes readings using different equipment? doesn't this allow for slightly different result wherein a 2nd test with the 2nd supply on the same day with the same test setup would eliminate that possible wiggle room?
  8. J

will you be measuring with the micro-audio and then with a 2nd, preferably good quality, PS such as the Mornsun so as to have a more valid A-B comparison?
  9. J

I should have specified when buying directly from 3E on Aliexpress
  10. J

a stupid question, do these 3E modules come with cables or more specifically: do they come with the line in cables with 3 pin connectors?
  11. J

And your experiences and point of view are appreciated But yes, I have been following everything, but I see no advantage to the better FFT result over the Hypex. So conceivably both exceed the specs required by the amp modules wherein they will not contribute negatively in any audible way, but...
  12. J

why is the micro audio a better choice? The Mornsun published specs are excellent, with passive cooling it will put out maximum 400 watts before derating, and 750 watts with a small 20 cfm fan. As it stands the micro is 630 watts with a fan and no one knows what it puts out with passive air...
  13. J

does anyone know what the output vs efficiency is and what the temperature derating curve looks like. It would be great if MA would publish this specific data as it is common for others to do so. I have no idea if this 630watt unit requires air cooling for this output, if so how much, and what...
  14. J

New Philharmonic HT Centers are Here!

For sure, and generally folks asking questions is a good thing , I certainly have more questions than I have answers. When they make statements that are fundamentally flawed, such as this recent one regarding the 8 inch being the reason the Tower has more base, thus implying the inferiority of...
  15. J

that is fair enough, I should have put my points forth in a clearer manner
  16. J

right, so you agree with my statement completely. I never said driver size is what allows deeper extension. As the poster stated that the 8 inch driver was the reason for greater base output vs the smaller 6.5 inch driver, wherein I pointed out that technically 2 x 6.5 inch drivers are...
  17. J

I suspect the reduced bass (roughly 13hz of extension, 38 vs 25 hz) is not due to the purifi drivers The total piston area of 2 purifi's is superior to the 8 inch revelator (so it's not because the revalator is bigger), as is the xmax (if I recall correctly) but the box volume in the BMR Tower...
  18. J

As already stated their is no negative to the HT towers beyond the additional cost and possibly the slim rectangular cabinet (if you prefer the curved look of the regular tower) The HTs are made to hit obscenely high volume levels.. The BMR Tower is loud enough for most people, is cheaper, and...
  19. J

so I have been running 3 vertical BMRs in my bedroom for years. In early December I swapped the new center into that setup, set levels and marveled at how pretty the darn thing is. A perfect fit. The voicing is as expected and it can go louder than the BMR. Recently I swapped the left/right...
  20. J

Philharmonic Ceramic Mini (review and measurements by Erin)

they are paint+ clear coat. I think I've seen a 911 in a very similar shade of blue as well as a lighter robin's egg blue, both looked great. To be fair, any color looks great on a 911, some just look a bit more stunning
Top Bottom