Search results

1. H

SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK II DAC Review

Does the MKIII suffer from the audio delay issue?
  2. H

SMSL released a new driver recently that may have fixed the lag issues. It's early days yet but I installed it two days ago and I haven't noticed any latency since.
  3. H

When you turn on the MK2 it will display U2 (for V2) and the MK2 has six filters. The original has five.
  4. H

Quick question, does anyone know if this has a service menu? If it did it might be possible to change sleep behavior.
  5. H

I think I have figured out what causes the audio latency. When a dac wakes from a low power state it often causes an audible pop. Most dac's with this problem mask it by muting the audio for around a second on wake. The SMSL doesn't seem to do this. The SMSL seems to delay the audio by around a...
  6. H

Manjaro doesn't use Pipewire? With that you can set multiple sample rates for the dac to switch between.
  7. H

What is your main OS (operating system) at home?

Those of you on linux what music players are you using for bit-perfect audio? I'm having real trouble finding something to replace Foobar or Musicbee.
  8. H

Why you can't trust audio measurements by GoldenSound

He makes an interesting point about intersample overs. How they are handled is information I'd like to know before buying a dac and it's information that just doesn't seem to be out there.
  9. H

Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Communicator Review (Phono Preamp)

You can't trust a What HiFi review of a British product. They have always been like that unfortunately.
  10. H

The MK2 does do 768Khz and DSD512 the windows mixer just doesn't support anything above 384Khz. Also I believe you have to have their driver installed and use ASIO to get the sample rate that high. On another issues. Can anyone recommend a micro usb cable that reliably works with this thing? It...
  11. H

Audeze Mobius Review (Gaming Headset)

What internal EQ was the Mobius set to when you did your correction? Did you keep it on default?
  12. H

ifi Zen CAN Review (Headphone Amp)

Thanks for testing the crosstalk! The distortion is forgivable I can't blame ifi for chasing their house sound when so many people love it but the crosstalk is just bizarre. They had a spec sheet before the Zen Can released stating a crossstalk of -90db but that was the last ifi themselves ever...
  13. H

ifi hip dac review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

I know you normally don't test crosstalk but it really is worth doing it on the Zen Can. It's a major deficiency in the Zen Can's design and i have found only one review that mentions it.
  14. H

ifi Zen Blue Review (Bluetooth Receiver & DAC)

From what I've seen the distortion on ifi dac's isn't a bug it's a feature. I part of how they achive their tubeish house sound. It hurts measurements but people do like how it sounds.
  15. H

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

Okay. So how much power does the amp put out when used with a 2vrms dac?
  16. H

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

So, I have been reading that the A30 Pro's stated power output is misleading because Topping measured it using a 5 VRMS dac. What kind of power output would you be getting using a bog standard 2 VRMS dac plugged into the things RCAs?
  17. H

JDS Labs Atom DAC+ Review

Has anyone tried the "tube like" firmware on this? Seems like a nice little value add.
Top Bottom