Search results

1. G

Review and Measurements of Bluesound NODE 2i Streamer

Thanks! I use the Bluesound as a streamer only and bypassed the DAC. Much better. That feeds an Anthem STR Preamp. Then the separate STR Power Amp to Paradigm Prestige 85F’s. Furman power conditioner. Cables are Sewell Silver something or other…many strands. Bi-wired…just for fun. HSU...
  2. G

Review and Measurements of Bluesound NODE 2i Streamer

Can someone help? I have this unit and it feeds the Anthem STR Stack. When I used the Node’s DAC into the STR Preamp, it sounded terrible. I used the analog out only and it is much better (no Bluesound DAC). Is this copacetic with what the review says? Thanks! Any significant improvement if...
  3. G

Sound stage depth?

Somehow I stumbled across this threat and thanks to you all…I have invested 8 critical hours in my system and came away with a few things. I think I’ve completely memorized Beethoven No. 5. The poster who recommended it is very spot on. Thank you…and no thanks. My family is about to kick...
  4. G

Anthem STR pre-amp

@Mike-48 Indeed you are correct. The STR does sound more forward. Thank you very much for the offer to look. I’d like to take you up on that! And, yes...I was able to dial in the sub so they are much the same now. Good observation. The Orange line is the original ARC setting...and much...
  5. G

Anthem STR pre-amp

Thats terrible! I bet they are pretty good. I’m still tweaking a bit. My ears are sorta good enough to get back to it. I’m close. Got the sub about where I want it. I can FEEL that.
  6. G

Anthem STR pre-amp

Here are my Setting in ARC on the STR Pre Amp. The PDF was too large to import/attach.
  7. G

Anthem STR pre-amp

Team, This is what I managed so far. The orange is Profile 1 and is settings recommended by ARC. The Blue is what my Onkyo sounded like...very nice...needed a little more "taming" on the high end. The Red is Profile 3 and what I've determined that I will go with for time being...ever so slightly...
  8. G

Anthem STR pre-amp

That should do it. Now you can do XLR to XLR as well...just can’t cross over RCA to XLR and vise versa. Just a note...apparently the preamp when off is a straight physical relayed connection so you should hear no difference when in movie mode. It is basically a straight wire.
  9. G

Anthem STR pre-amp

Interesting...mine works perfect. I have the L/R from my Onkyo output hooked up via RCA 3 and configured HT Bypass for that input. The output must also be RCA for L/R...not line out or anything. No switching between RCA and XLR. I also am not using HT bypass for the sub. I actually am...
  10. G

Anthem STR pre-amp

Thank you for following up. I think I’m making progress. I’ve come away with how powerful the ARC software actually is. I’ve tried tuning to what I think I want, that that has got me closer and I’ve learned some things along the way. Basically, I’ve decided against the bass management for...
  11. G

Anthem STR pre-amp

Mike...thank you. Yes...I am very cautious on the max correction frequency. It makes sense that it can push the drivers harder than designed. I also positioned, distanced them will all the parameters outside of ARC. With ARC off, my sub has this outstanding deep growl that I can't seem to get...
  12. G

Anthem STR pre-amp

Interesting...I'll try that and turn down the tone sweeps to as low as I can get. That would make sense and I never even considered it. Profile 3, here we come. Thank you very much!
  13. G

Anthem STR pre-amp

OK guys...I used my PC to run ARC Genesis. Professional Mode. It sounds like someone put a blanket over the sound. It sounded dead and stifled and dull and too bright (that's a lot coming from me). With ARC off, it is alive and impressive with just a bit too much dynamics. Can you help a...
  14. G

Anthem STR pre-amp

Just received the STR "Stack". Currently running a 2016 Onkyo TX NR838 with a Gen 2, 3 channel Emotiva 200 watt/ch. I have never had separates before. Kind of custom building some shelving for everything...a bit of a shrine to all this stuff LOL. Will incorporate a HSU VTF 15 MKII into the...
  15. G

Anthem AVM60 Review (a second test)

@Pinox67 I think it is awesome that you did this for a round 2. I'm not an EE, but my engineering background allows me to read these and appreciate much of it, but not quite all. And I pay attention to other reviews and try to get a feel of where a product comes down on its specs. Its much...
  16. G

Anthem to introduce new models!

I sincerely appreciate your feedback on this. Maybe you are right. I do have upgraditus right now. I hope the new AVM70 measures out well and the stereo is outstanding. Let me know if you are interested in selling your STR Pre-Amp. I have the Paradigm Prestige 85F's. Paradigm got me into...
  17. G

Anthem to introduce new models!

Can anyone comment on the STR-Preamp vs Stereo on the AVM70/AVM90...or the current line of Pre Amps? Would the STR really be better for stereo? Could anyone tell?
  18. G

NAD M33 Streaming Amplifier Review

I just feel like some tracks need a bit of a boost and some need to be turned down...and when I want to crank it up and rattle your drink off the table to show off, I can. So...just for fun...here is their response. Very timely and professional. Thank you for contacting the NAD Electronics...
  19. G

Heart breaking for sure. I love the new amp topography, the all-in-one Dirac, the fantastic DAC performance, and BluOS is serviceable. I just hooked up my brand new miniDSP to my Amp. There is no way to control the subwoofer volume there either...wonder if it is a Dirac thing? I also can't...
  20. G

A big issue for me is controlling the subwoofer volume. Can you control the subwoofer volume from the M33 app? Song are recorded differently and I like to change this on the fly like with a typical AVR. I’m not talking bass as that flows to the speakers, but the subwoofer only. Appreciate...
Top Bottom