Search results

1. T

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

That would mostly depend on the dynamic range of the recording. But no, things do not clutter if the recording is up for it. And it should not be the DACs fault as long as its engineered right. The DAC8 is. I will tell you what, the DAC8 DSP has in my setup made the most positive impact on...
  2. T

DAC8 tour unit is 3.3V output, isn't it? And the Schiit is specced at 4.2V - so I guess they wasn't level matched after all. :)
  3. T

You should take look at the numbers again making a statement like that :) How did you level match the outputs?
  4. T

Usually B&C DE120 - but right now I am giving the Faital Pro HF108R a go in the STH100. The Okto gives me whats in the recording without messing with the dynamics or anything else. If one gets a hardness or glare, my guess it's coming from elsewhere in the playback/acoustics and not from the...
  5. T

Isn't the Yggdrasil the one with SINAD of 86? My DAC8 DSP does not sound compressed, having anything like a glare or a hardness. Maybe the Schiit mask out some faults in playback :)
  6. T

Won't you loose half of the voltage when you leave half of the signal floating? Depends on how much gain you need this might not be a problem. With transformers you can even double up the gain if you need.
  7. T

It's a production unit. However the DAC8 DSP was a limited run. I think there was a picture of the back face a couple of pages back - anyway here you go; :)
  8. T

I hear you - the DAC8 DSP is a great all in one solution. It's too bad about the nanosharc modules, but you could go the PRO route and attach a computer for the crossovers via a software like Audiolense or equivalent. It might take you even further :) That beeing said, I am not parting with...
  9. T

Figured someone would be interested, so I took a quick shot of the internals of the newly arrived DAC8 DSP. :)
  10. T

As the DAC8 DSP running as slave I2S and the I2S from the RPi is widely accused of beeing nosiy - could it benefit from a I2S reclocker, like the Kali Reclocker (https://allo.com/sparky/kali-reclocker.html) ?
Top Bottom