Search results

1. Steeveep

Bitperfect playback on dongles?

There's only 32 hardware volume steps for me, 128 software. Using the Hidizs s9 pro. On UAPP, Fiio etc there's fine intricate volume.
  2. Steeveep

Bitperfect playback on dongles?

Where can you change it to 100 steps? I find the hardware volume steps too high
  3. Steeveep

Looking to add a bass shelf on my S12 pros. Any idea of the frequency and Q i should use?

Really love the clarity and treble tuning on these but would like to add some meat to them
  4. Steeveep

HIDIZS S8 USB-C Headphone Adapter Review

Does the S8 have the same volume jumps as the Sonata HD Pro?
  5. Steeveep

Anyone use UAPP with a Hidizs s9 pro on a Samsung tablet?

Recently installed UAPP on a Samsung A8 tablet. I connect my Hidizs s9 pro DAC and it connects normally. Only issue is the volume is stuck at -15 db. Loud as f#!@. No matter where I move the hardware volume control slider it pops straight back to that level, never changing the actual volume at...
  6. Steeveep

Latest UAPP version

Never mind. Ears playing tricks. Can't delete thread
  7. Steeveep

Latest UAPP version

Slightly odd question but on the older version of UAPP i used the "hardware volume control" lettering under the slider as a guide to where I'd have each albums volume. I'd have a sort of home base between the e and c as most modern stuff sounded best there to me. The new version is larger and...
  8. Steeveep

Hidizs S9 Pro release

I did randomnly on Android with UAPP just before some songs started playing so I went back to single ended which sounds the same and is all the power I need. How sensitive are your iems/headphones?
  9. Steeveep

UAPP replay gain

Ah I see. Oh well. Cheers
  10. Steeveep

UAPP replay gain

I selected track replay gain but it seems to have no effect
  11. Steeveep

UAPP replay gain

Currently using Qobuz through UAPP and was wondering how to implement replay gain as the tracks I listen to tend to differ greatly in volume. Anyone with any experience with this?
  12. Steeveep

Hidizs S9 Review (Headphone Adapter)

Honestly I'm not sure of its measurements or power consumption but it seems to get good reviews
  13. Steeveep

The s9 pro uses a bit more battery than the sonata hd pro. Not a major difference but definitely noticable
  14. Steeveep

I think the 2.5mm balanced acts as high gain
  15. Steeveep

Hidizs S9 Pro release

With UAPP it uses the hardware volume slider for fine control
  16. Steeveep

It should change automatically. Unless there's something different with your setup
  17. Steeveep

"If I deny access, UAPP shows the playback as "Direct" as opposed to "USB DAC" but still plays through the dongle anyway. Presumably after doing its usual android resampling to 48khz trick" That's why I thought the phone dac was being used and the dongle just as an amp
  18. Steeveep

On some tracks it's a literal fade in. I read in a review about the fade in too. In non exclusive mode I assumed the external dac doesn't get used, just the amp.
  19. Steeveep

Had most of them selected. Cheers. Brilliant bit of kit. The only thing it seems to fade in on songs. Even when you let an album play through. Odd
  20. Steeveep

In volume settings do you have hardware volume selected?
Top Bottom