Search results

1. M

Seeking recommendations: Best active speakers for $10k/pair? (Would also be offered for measurement.)

Hi what were you room size and listen What was your room size and listening distance may I ask !? Thanks!
  2. M

Genelec 8341A SAM™ Studio Monitor Review

Any alternatives to the 7360A you guys would recommend to match a pair of 8341A? Potentially spending less for better quality must have balanced inputs though.
  3. M

Hi I was just looking at this graph and was wondering at what distance was it measured at? Based on the article - The following measurements for frequency response, radiation behavior and distortion values were taken under anechoic conditions. The class 1 measuring room allows measuring...
  4. M

In theory, would it be better to place Genelec Ones vertically or horizontally?

What about the bass drivers? from my understanding they are exiting from either ends of the monitors. Depending how it is placed either vertical or horizontal there should be a difference in sound. If it is sitting on a desk I assume you will get some kind of coloration from desk bounce due to...
  5. M

haha drooling over the first image! My point is just because people are listening to them close does not mean its the most idea scenario but I understand what you mean and appreciate those images.
  6. M

Oops I didn’t realize those decay plots were in also part of the room response. Did Genelecs publish any decay plots for the 8341 or 8331? I’m mainly interest in these due to ultra near field capability and better off axis FR
  7. M

Hey actually I’m also considering those, the only problem is that the KH310 are 3 ways and I think sitting very close to it as I am now with my current speakers will ruin the stereo image. Also how will it compare to 8341 for example at different locations in the room.
  8. M

Thanks again! If you look at my current measured room response other than 2db ish dip at 120hz, everything below 80hz is not ideal, so wanted to integrate a sub to take care of lows. Also are there any time response measurements for the 8341 and 8331 floating around if anyone care to point me...
  9. M

Also since we are on this subject, would adding a sub interfere with the stereo image? (since part of the lows are taken out of the mains)
  10. M

hey thanks, when you say amplification are you just referring to loudness, or do they sound tonal different due to different internal transformers or cabinet sizes? I usually mix around the 75-80db mark sitting less than 1m away from speakers. Even if I'm jamming out 90db would be quite loud if...
  11. M

Deciding on Genelec model: 8030C vs 8331A

Sorry could pls elaborate the advantages of the 8341 over 8331 pls? is this just based on SPL capabilities ?
  12. M

Would the 8331 be pretty similar to the 8341? I would like pair the 8331 with a sub to save some $. Small studio space would not really need the SPL, except I will be moving about 1m, 2m, 3m away from the speakers. Thanks
Top Bottom