Search results

1. W

Gustard DAC-A26... ak4499ex coming

Getting crazy. Smsl topping gustard release so many new gear every month it seems. And they all measure well. Their difference in measurements are small and what should be beyond auditory limits anyway. If i took part in a double blind test with my tracks with all these great measuring dac, amps...
  2. W

Norne Audio Premium Headphone Cable Review

Most likely out of taiwan or china. A few occ manufacturers there.
  3. W

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

I have never tried disabling the mqa on uapp before. Where isvthe option for disabling MQA on the settings menu? Thanks
  4. W

I already have. Uapp decodes MQA just fine going into an non-mqa DAC like my bifrost 2, going up to 88khz etc. Weirdly enough, when i connect the d90se to uapp and let the dac do the unfolding, it reads MQA on the dac screen, but only maxes out at 48khz. I tested the same track to bifrost2 with...
  5. W

Hi d90se owners I have been having an issue with mqa playback on the d90se. This is my first topping dac so i am unfamiliar. I noticed that Usb audio player pro mobile app on android, the uapp app will decode to 88khz or more when playing to a NON- MQA dac. But when UAPP connected to d90se...
  6. W

I actually have the d90se and bifrost 2. The d90se digs deeper and reveals more information in every track no doubt. The bifrost2 is also not lacking in detail, its just not as transparent and defined as the d90se. With bifrost2, some notes in a track is a bit softer or distant sounding so hence...
  7. W

In good humor, how we tie ourselves up in intellectual knots..This a good question actually. Especially the claim level matched and blind, all and most dacs sound the same or cannot be differentiated, please explain what is the point of measuring the gear, ranking them, basing on a purchasing...
  8. W

Measurements of Gustard X26 Pro Dual 9038 Pro By L7Audiolab

How do you find the x26 pro and soloist 3xp combination? I also have the solosit. Thanks
  9. W

Is cable sound real? A more holistic approach trying to track it down.

Off topic, i dont own an omega too, rolexs triplets breitling and tag. I would like to buy an omega one day though. What watches you like?
  10. W

Barely detectable improvement worth it (to you)? Those two words make the difference. Is buying a 10k omega to tell time worth it to you? This applies to every product category from shoes to TVs, furniture, handbags even mobile phone cases, its all the same. Serving the same function with made...
  11. W

Most of them still design amps and match parts by ear and use measurements as guide. Market for 'colored ' sounding equipment is massive. Tubes, hybrids, turntables..not everybody likes or caters to 'audibly transparent'.
  12. W

Hmm interesting and awesome effort..Whatever the results tho, i will still buy nice cables. I want to, i can afford them, my house has 3 phase power, my audioroom has dedicated 3 phase line, and buying cables does not make me sacrifice expense to my other audio gear. Buy what you want, what...
  13. W

ifi ipower X

Nobody likes a skinny wire..though i do love my psychology . I am a real sucker for my eardrum/eyes/wallet to brain neuron sparkies.
  14. W

Schiit Modius Balanced DAC Review

I have bought LPU for modius. Made no difference. Wasn'T better or worse. Im pretty sure other dacs can be different. Since it was not not overly expensive lpu either so i didnt feel too bad about it. But selecting good rcas did make a difference for me.
  15. W

ifi ipower X

I have had LPUs that made no difference sonically. But then again dac amps these days have better internal power supplies already probably. The funny thing is despite having no luck with LPUs, i have some quite surprising differences from swapping power cords, unexpectedly.
  16. W

Schiit Modius Balanced DAC Review

I have enjoyed the modius for the last 2.5 months..great dac. I bought it before knowing how well it measured. Sounds great with asgard3. But when i got my zmf verite, i notice the asgard3 running out of puff..had to get to 75% volume at high gain to some bite out of it. I heard the wells milo...
Top Bottom