Search results

1. MajorMajorMajorMajor

DSP in Separates System

Yeah I think my friend will be moving to bigger speakers haha. This is just way too much.
  2. MajorMajorMajorMajor

DSP in Separates System

Thank you everyone for your help. This is a lot of information. @staticV3 That was really helpful to explain that the DSP would not allow for matched volume control downstream. @Keith_W Do you do this for a living!? I like option 3. I have, in my 'system', just an AVR with Audyssey XT. It works...
  3. MajorMajorMajorMajor

DSP in Separates System

Hi All, I have a friend who has a system that goes like this: Streamer - > Schiit Modius (DAC) > Schiit Freya+ (PreAmp) > Mono-block Schiit Tyr (Amps) > MartinLogan 60XTi He wants to add a subwoofer. I told him that if he wants to do that, he probably needs to implement some kind of room...
  4. MajorMajorMajorMajor

Schiit Vidar 2 Monoblocks

He really likes the Tyrs.
  5. MajorMajorMajorMajor

Schiit Tyr mono amplifier

I had a friend try to power his speakers with Outlaw 2220 amps before he went and bought the Tyrs. Night and day.
  6. MajorMajorMajorMajor

Lossless Audio

Is this on here already? This video seems pretty great... It talks about why you don't need anything better than 16-bit audio for playback. Any thoughts?
  7. MajorMajorMajorMajor

Well well, everyone. As a denouement, the friend that bought the Outlaws thinks they don't sound as clean and musical as the Schiit Vidars. Now he's going to buy the Tyr amps, since they push 4 ohms.
  8. MajorMajorMajorMajor

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

They might make mostly good stuff, but I had a dud (DO200) (would cut out and make massive static noises) and I didn't like their customer service setup/don't really trust them.
  9. MajorMajorMajorMajor

What would be wrong with using the Buckeye 2220, one per speaker? Wouldn't that be great as it can drive 4 ohm and it would also be fully balanced and not "bridged"? EDIT: I guess what I'm asking is this: Would running two Buckeye 2220 in Mono, from a maximum volume perspective, be an upgrade...
  10. MajorMajorMajorMajor

I see. Yeah, I get that about the amplifier not being necessarily a specific ohm-rating, but it looks like when Amir did the 32 freq. test on the Outlaw 2220, he ran it in 4 ohm. I guess I just want to get an amplifier that will really put out what the speakers can handle (well). See speaker...
  11. MajorMajorMajorMajor

So, we've landed on doing unbalanced bi-amping, which can be done by simply connecting one amp to the bottom half of the speakers and one amp to the top half of the speakers. HOWEVER, I am going to reach out to Schiit and see if I can return these things and replace them with some 4-ohm...
  12. MajorMajorMajorMajor

Outlaw 2220 Review (Monoblock Amplifier)

Commenting on this to reference later
  13. MajorMajorMajorMajor

Ahhh, okay okay. I see your point. Based on Schiit's answer, it's over-current, right? But, logically, it could be any. Okay... that gives me direction on troubleshooting.
  14. MajorMajorMajorMajor

If you were to diagram this out, would it go as follows? A to Hi +, E to Low + B to Hi -, F to Low + (..etc.) ?
  15. MajorMajorMajorMajor

Hi @Blumlein 88 , Can you please explain what you are getting at here? Would running in the 0 gain setting help with the amps shutting down?
  16. MajorMajorMajorMajor

Update: This is what Schiit says:
  17. MajorMajorMajorMajor

Hmm... not sure what you mean. Sorry. What would I be checking about them? And unfortunately, I'm not even there. I helped my friend setup this system remotely. He lives in another state, so I can't actually check anything. I did send him a text asking about the temperature so I will report...
  18. MajorMajorMajorMajor

First of all, thank you so much for answering. I feel really dumb because my friend knows I like high end audio and I kind of recommended this configuration to him, so this is really helpful. Yes, this is an option, though it would not then be "fully balanced", which was a big reason we went...
  19. MajorMajorMajorMajor

Question about amplification for new Magnepan LRS speakers

Hi... just dropping into this discussion forever later. I have the Vidar 2 in monoblock mode powering a pair of ML 60XTis. It shuts off when you turn the freya+ to about 70%. Help?
Top Bottom