Search results

1. C

JBL Studio 630 and Studio 698 - Review & Measurements by Erin

I picked up a pair of the 630's and the 698's, both just for fun. The 630's I casually listened to for a couple months before giving to a friend new to audio (with a Fosi bluetooth amp powering them). They did not sound obviously flawed like the measurement suggest, anecdotal not being worth...
  2. C

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

I have picked up multiple sets of Revel speakers from The Screening Room ranging from a single M105 through F226BE's in a few different transactions over the past couple years. I have only dealt with Rex. Super easy to deal with, no bs, clear communication, great prices, I wish all sales were...
  3. C

Revel M126Be reviewed by Erin's Audio Corner

Had the M106's used in my home office, which is where I do most of my listening. Purchased the F226BE's for main system and loved that tweeter so much that I picked up the M126BE's for the computer system to replace the M106's. Yes, they're not inexpensive, but if you want that BE tweeter...
  4. C

Subwofer's LPF frequency response

Years ago I did a somewhat similar test with a Paradigm X30 (I think) crossover for a sub. I plotted out response with the low pass as high as it would go, and same with it as low as it would go. It was not the slope specified by the mfg, and it was not stable at different volume (not...
  5. C

B&W 804 D4 review and measurements by Stereophile

That's not "human error" in the sense of a hand crafted product will have some inconsistencies, it's simply sloppiness and is inexcusable at that price point. These speakers are allegedly assembled by skilled technicians, perhaps it was a new person due to covid labor shortages, or they were...
  6. C

Do Audio Speakers Break-in?

As an engineer, this is clearly aimed at addressing customer satisfaction. They call it speaker break-in, but what they really mean is listener break-in, but that would be too unpalatable for the average joe (I agree with their position) to stomach, so you can measure a difference, call it...
  7. C

Revel F226be and C426be review on Audioholics

The 106's play pretty loud for a little speaker but you're asking a lot out of a bookshelf at 9', if it isn't reference it'll come pretty close. I picked up a pair used as a "dipping my toe in the Revel sauce" trial, replaced some big stand mounted NHT's (M7's) and they couldn't keep up with...
  8. C

Revel F228 woofer

haha! Steve supports getting a lawyer and more cat treats. RE: ts spects: I have a dayton DATS. Could measure it with that.
  9. C

Revel F228 woofer

No, I apologize for the lack of clarity. The initial order, someone gave someone else at Harman the wrong part number. They charged me for, and shipped, the wrong part number. That is the 8" woofer I have now, and it was $288, a fact I mention to give a general frame of reference of street...
  10. C

Revel F228 woofer

We have 2 cats, Walter and Steve. Walter is a sir. Very emotional, comes when called, greets us at the door, plays chase with my wife, fetches, when I got injured stayed by my side for a while. When my wife had an accident he literally got fat simply hanging out next to her, would not leave...
  11. C

Revel F228 woofer

Bought some F226's, my cat Steve knocked something into one of my woofers and Harman sent me the wrong replacement. F226 woofers aren't available right now (covid supply chain issues) and they apologized and told me to keep the 8" woofer. I'm torn between making a small mid-bass/computer sub...
  12. C

Objective $5000 Full Range Speaker Recommendation

Yes, as previously stated go to the website and you can scroll over the graphs and see exact numbers at any point. They're perfect just the way they are.
  13. C

Objective $5000 Full Range Speaker Recommendation

I had in the vicinity of 5k to spend on speakers, and was able to procure Revel F226BE's for under the 5k mark, new, shipped to me direct from Harman. I was told that it was a rare sale and partially brought about by Harman being out of stock of the F208's or whatever the "non-BE" model is...
  14. C

JTR Subs for HiFi and Music Primarily

As someone who is competent in subwoofer design, you won't go wrong with JTR. The biggest part will be incorporation and calibration, but as a sub they're first rate.
  15. C

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Excited! Just hit the button on the invoice for a 2 channel NC502MP in a rack mounted case. Should drive the Revel F226BE's just fine. It's all coming together....
  16. C

Most important channel and speakers in Home Theater

Front L&R. Prefer phantom center most of the time (not always). IMO you can have a rewarding experience with good L&R's and phantom center, but if you ditch the L&R you're listening to an expensive soundbar. Pass.
Top Bottom