Search results

1. P

WiiM Pro - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

I agree. I turned off my phone and the stream continued. This is great news. Of course, I did lose the interface.
  2. P

Yea, I think that's how WiiM is suppose to work with Spotify. Spotify Connect is different. With Spotify Connect you run another instance of Spotify and give permission to that device to use your Spotify credentials. As I recall, you are given an number (6 digits?) which acts as multi-factor...
  3. P

Thanks. Are you running Spotify on the WiiM? Or do you initiate on your cell?
  4. P

I had hoped to use my WiiM Pro with Spotify Connect but found I can only cast from my Android Spotify, similar to my Sonos system. This seems to be a less than ideal solution. My previous streamer (PiCorePlayer on Raspberry Pi) used Spotify Connect so my phone was nowhere in the signal path. I...
  5. P

Paris Audio Video Show 2022

Thanks for posting these pics. Some nice eye candy.
  6. P

Limited Participation For The Next Few Weeks...

No reason to worry about us. We'll have friends over and a party while you're gone.
  7. P

"Secrets" about the consumer audio business you may find interesting

Well said. Very honest and insightful. At the end of the day, its a business. Its mostly about money. I worked for Circuit City (large audio retailer on West Coast) when I was young and was thrilled have a job in an area I loved. Wrong! In the end, it was about selling product. Makes no...
  8. P

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Thanks. That makes sense. Yea, I'm streaming from the pi running piCorePlayer. I'll look around the settings and adjust accordingly. Appreciate the help.
  9. P

I have two sources feeding my DX3 Pro+, a CD player using optical and a raspberry pi using USB. The line out preamp is turned off. The output is connected to active speakers (Audioengine A2+). When switching between CD and USB, the CD is much louder. At least twice as loud. Does anyone know why?
  10. P

Amazon Basics Optical Coax DAC Review

Is this DAC better than what comes with a TV? Be interesting to see the measurements of a TV DAC.
  11. P

Out for a few more days

Sorry to hear what you're going through. Your last concern should be ASR. Take care of yours and the Mrs health, then the flooding issue.
  12. P

Edifier MR4 Review (Budget Monitor)

Good option for the second laptop where there's no critical listening and high volume
  13. P

Many thanks. This is a huge help! I didn't think of unplugging it.
  14. P

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Are we saying the PA5 is better than the other "heavy hitters" its compared against in Amari's SINAD's chart? That's not intuitive at all. Even if you eliminate price differences, what about class A & AB? Or weight? Aren't there basic design and component differences that something like the...
Top Bottom