Search results

1. T

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

Great. I'm waiting your review. And If you do not find anything wrong with the sound-stage of the M8, it may mean that mine is broken.
  2. T

Not "just a little". It's really flat. I'm like you,I don't know the D50, but I know the M8 and it's disappointing. Really good for everything but the sound-stage. So I think that I will try a D50, or a DX7s, maybe a smsl M10...
  3. T

I think Amirm tried the first M8, equipped with 9018 and mine was the one equipped with 9038q2m ... Is this an explanation? But believe me, I am the first to be surprised, and that's why I asked for information on the sound-stage of the D50 on the previous page. I found some subjective...
  4. T

I had a SMSL M8a and I advise you to try something else. Sound is nice and clear but there's something wrong with the sound-stage. Last days I tried few CD player and one converter and they were all better on this point, even my laptop is better (on this point only).
  5. T

There are cases in which I agree with you. And I'm not sure to be able to make difference between M-Dac and CD6. But the M8 is really and clearly différent. The perception of space between and behind the speakers is so different that you can't go wrong. I tried it in two different rooms with...
  6. T

No. I also compared the M8 to a Cyrus CD6 and the CD6 had less energy in the bass, but also had a deeper scene.
  7. T

Hello I'know i'ts bad, but I've a really subjective question. What do you think about D50's soundstage ? I ask because I have a SMSL M8a. Measures are pretty good and sound is clean but soundstage is really flat. There's no deep, everything is on the foreground (I don't use headphones, only...
  8. T

Review and Measurements of SMSL M8 DAC

Hi, After the M8a with 9028q2m, SMSL made a new version of the M8 : the M8a V2 with one 9038eqm. https://www.audiophonics.fr/fr/dac-sans-volume/smsl-m8a-v2-dac-usb-es9038q2m-32bit-768khz-dsd-xmos-xcore200-xu208-p-12934.html I plugded it on my system this morning and will see this evening what...
Top Bottom