Search results

1. I

TANCHJIM One IEM Review

I just got my USB C version from Amazon and tried them out. The fit much better than my Linsoul 7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 in ear monitors. I love that I don't need a dongle with my phone. I'll compare the sound of the two later.
  2. I

7Hz Salnotes Zero IEM Review

I got my Zero 2s yesterday from Amazon. They sound amazing but as they are my first IEM I had a learning curve. There are no assembly instructions I could find but by trial and error I was able to put them together. Properly, I hope. Now I just have to decide on the correct tips.
  3. I

Yamaha RX-A3080 Review (AVR)

I was having clipping with my 3080 as well as occasionally and frightening loud pops. I had it serviced on Yamaha's dime and it's been fine ever since.
  4. I

Outlaw 2220 Review (Monoblock Amplifier)

I use the 12 v trigger and it never fails. Turn the receiver off and the amps go click and turn off.
  5. I

Buckeye 6 Channel Amplifier Review

Ain't that the truth. Just think of the money I could have saved on hearing aids if I still had my 20-year old hearing out to 20 KHz and beyond. And yes, my Outlaw 2220s measure flatter, down 0.5 dB out to 50 KHz. I can't hear it. My dogs, on the other hand...
  6. I

You can set up the amp assign (Manual, p34) to 7.2.4 [ext.Front] (RX-A3080 only) that cuts out the front internal amps if they are not driving height speakers.
  7. I

Pioneer VSX-LX505 AVR Review

Those are video inputs, not outputs, for people who own a VCR, LaserDisc (LD) player, or really old pre-HDMI DVD players. FWIW I have a Pioneer LD player myself.
  8. I

First, I wish Amir had discovered that you can do the amp reassign for the front two amps during testing as he would have not run into the problems he encountered when testing the 3080. This ties directly into your question. As an example, I am running a 7.2.4 system with my 3080. I am using 11...
  9. I

Sorry to be unclear. I loved them.
  10. I

I bought my three last year for much more. Heading for my pillow to cry into... But, I would not have missed having them for the world.
  11. I

Amazon Basics 4K HDMI Extractor Review

French = Canada Spanish = Mexico Along with English covers all of North America.
  12. I

Akai GX-620 Reel to Reel Tape Deck Measurements

Add saw blades to the reels and use the high torque motors to cut wood.
  13. I

Looks like my Pioneer RT-707. I still use it to play recordings made in the 1960s and 1970s.
  14. I

If you have not done so, download the service manual from hifiengine.com https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/akai/gx-620.shtml You can also download the brochure from that page. The service manual should have a bias procedure. As a start, there might be a front selector switch for...
  15. I

Outlaw says: Ventilation Slots and openings in the cabinet are provided for ventilation and to ensure reliable operation of the unit and to protect it from overheating, and these openings must not be blocked or covered. The openings should never be blocked by placing the unit on a bed, sofa...
  16. I

JBL SDR-35 AVR Review

FWIW Sound and Vision just reviewed this receiver or something similar as well. Here is the link: https://www.soundandvision.com/content/jbl-synthesis-sdr-38-16-channel-av-receiver-review No measurements, of course.
  17. I

It would be great if Amir could test the new Emotiva A1 so we could compare it to the Outlaw 2220. The specs are very similar. The Emotiva is a little heavier and costs $50.00 more and doesn't seem to offer a quantity discount if you purchase two or three like Outlaw does with the 2220. It also...
  18. I

Yes you can and it would work like the LCR speakers. If you are not getting any overload through the LCR than you should be good to go for the rest. You should have already set the Yamaha for 7.2.4 [ext.Front] (RX-A3080 only) see page 34. It's too bad that I can't find an eight channel power...
  19. I

Thanks to you both. I guess. It's a minor hum and first I will unplug the cable box as I have the feeling it's breaking though the ground fault isolator.
  20. I

I noticed something about the minor hum on analog sources: It disappears if I hit "mute" on the receiver remote. That tells me that the hum on analog sources is happening upstream of the power amp section. Does anyone have suggestions on how this can be eradicated?
Top Bottom