Search results

1. I

Problem with Oppo UDP-203 with No HDMI Signal. Can you help please?

You could have sent it to Oppo in California for repair. It's a flat rate fee for all oppo blu ray players and they ship it back to you free as part of the repair charge. You could have emailed them for advise. They are quick to respond. I have a Oppo 95 player.
  2. I

Welcome. lots of useful information on this site.
  3. I

Kali audio IN-8 V2 measurements

Thanks for another great review and detailed testing. Keep them coming.
  4. I

FS: NEW CROWN XTI 6002 Series2 AMPLIFIER

Bump: Great amp for a good price. Not a scam.
  5. I

Whatcha think about "pro" amps from Crown, QSC, etc?

I guess pro amps defines both but nobody I know would use a Bryston amp to drive their subs or PA tops in any kind of situation.
  6. I

PSA Paypal and Audiogon and USAudiomart, selling and shipping tips (use PayPal shipping for better rates)

Thanks for sharing this. I've had a paypal account for a long time and didn't know that feature could save money.
  7. I

FS: NEW CROWN XTI 6002 Series2 AMPLIFIER

The amplifier is brand new in box. The box was never opened and the amp was never used. Free ship in the continental US. Asking $1575.00 Reduced price for local pick up from 49010.
  8. I

Class D and tripping circuit breakers

If you don' care about your electrical bill keep them. Class D amps have come a long way in recent years. I would like to see a USA company that makes a class D for subwoofer duty. The popular go to is a Lab Gruppen clone from china with unpredictable reliability.
  9. I

Under $1K and under 35lbs/16kg for rockin' out?

I had a pair of Klipsch Cornwall in the past in a open concept area, driven by a 100 watt amp. I could listen at high spl levels such that you couldn't hear somebody next to you speak and they were not harsh. The La Scala speakers should be even better. This was without any eq or room correction.
  10. I

Sealed vs Ported sub for Home Theater in this room layout

Smart move. Bass travels omnidirectional. I don't live in an apartment. There's nothing worse than pissing off somebody that lives close to you especially if you plan on living there awhile.
  11. I

New Monitor Audio Cinergy configurable home theater speaker line

At that price, get some proven pro audio speakers and a couple of subs.
  12. I

What are we listening to right now..

Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats. One of the most underrated bands touring the US.
  13. I

Sealed vs Ported sub for Home Theater in this room layout

The general rule of thumb is that the bigger the area, go ported. If you don't want to annoy neighbors, go sealed and turn down the sub volume in the Denon. The speakers aren't going to have huge spl.
  14. I

GR Research LGK 2.0 Speaker Review (A Joke)

This is one of the reasons I appreciate ASR. It's not just measurements when it comes to speakers. To me, listening is more important.
  15. I

New vs used HiFi, vote.

Totally agree. If you can buy somewhat local then one can see and play the equipment to make sure it works.
  16. I

The worst thing about being an audiophile

Yeah I kind of missed the point on the post you quoted. Back to the original thread. I listen to music all the time so having any kind of major hearing loss would be very depressing.
  17. I

John Busch RIP

I was always tempted to try one of his open baffle designs.
Top Bottom