Search results

1. C

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

Thx, sound interesting. Although it still requires a miniDSP just for swithing, and does not even use its DSP functions. In this case a miniDSP flex would serve the same purpose and the whole input stage of the okto seem superflous. but thanks for the idea, found someting similar here...
  2. C

Thanks for replying. I was looking to replace the minidsp for the okto for one control point. but it seems I need minidsp and the okto and a raspberry. What i was hoping to do, was having one input from the TV, which would have its own routing with 8 speakers and DSP correction/filtering. And...
  3. C

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

Hi thx, Ad point 1-3 that is also how i run it today with a balanced minidsp flex, however with fever subs. Its the point 4 thats intereseting, if is sounds so good, is it better then the miniDSP or are all dacs more or less the same. I belive you said it would not be noticable.
  4. C

Thx. Was looking to Include more subs via the extra channels, but also gain some more intangible sound improvements, seems as if the latter is not realistic as I don’t here any noise in the current setup.
  5. C

Any okto research pro 8 Owners that have compared the “sound” of the dac with an miniDSP HD2x4 or miniDSP Flex and can put som words on what to expect if shifting to okto ?
  6. C

My sources would be optical spdif or toslink from both tv and streamer, that would be converted to aes. So only two stereo inputs channels. I did not plan on using the raspberry as a streamer, as I thought it would require a sort of web login to the raspberry every time I would use it, where my...
  7. C

Hi thx, didmnt know that it had an analog input without extra boards, il have a tRy once i Can get My hands on a rasberry pi.
  8. C

Hi I read the OP post on Okto Pro8 dac - Camilla DSP, which sound right for my setup, where i run a 2.4 I would like to reuse the system for movies in combination a separate center speaker, So for movies would use more speakers than normal hifi listening and hence have its own DSP configuration...
  9. C

Room acoutics issue 300-3000Hz

Hi Yes it's seems better, here is an MMM measure, The dip is still there, not sure how big a dip is acceptable, i would think >6db is too much and if I apply 1/6 smothing, then the dip is close to 6db in LP. As the speaker seemed ok outside, i guess this means some sort of room alteration is...
  10. C

Hi Yes The Green is the reference outside measure gated The Oranges are L and R gaited in place, from 1m The Blue is the before measure at LP The Red is the current measure at LP So, red shows a less dramatic high freq boost, hence is all seems more liniar, the sub 200Hz is more easily handled...
  11. C

Ok so did a ton of measurement, used a new integrated amp. Outside gated 1 m away. is a better respons no doubt, everything is keept the same. 'The dip' is markedly better outside. I also tried to bypass the preamp. use the original Amp and all combinations of using digital direct or analog...
  12. C

Hi I just made some new outside measuremets in the other post here. As for the measurent the mic is stading on a little ladder, this time around approx middle of the drivers. The mic goes directly to the laptop. There are no tone controls on AMP or Preamp, they simply dont have any. Im not sure...
  13. C

Hmm yes, that sounds very plausible, I also tried to send a sine-tone and turn it up slow, when it hit approx 400 at 80Db the speaker makes a wierd mechnical off-sound. so that would be when the midrange takes over
  14. C

agree, i will find another AMP that I can actually carry, and do an outside measurement tomorrow og both speaker
  15. C

Hi The Mic was placed at the same height at the midrange driver which was 1m when standing on the floor Here is a measure from a Dali Rubicon LCR, elevated 50 cm, 1m distance, gated at 1-5ms, standing at the same spot. its a much smaller speaker though.
  16. C

Hi Im not familiar with MMM, so used this link, which seems to describe it? https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/rew-moving-microphone-method-help.12641/ The result are as follows and quite different from the sweeps, Taken with UMIK1 1m away, on an single elevated speaker...
  17. C

Hi I did some more measurement, but they show the same phenomenon. I used the Umik1 from before, but also a Sony mic, they agree up until 10Khz, which should verify that they agree that there is an issue 400-2000Hz. Here are the measuresment taken 1m away, with speaker on the floor and...
  18. C

I could try that, or even lay it down so no drivers are close to the ground. But now im getting worried that the mic is not working as expected, but will give it a shot tomorrow.
  19. C

Hi yes, I did check that. Thats how i found out my Jabra conference speaker works as well ;)
  20. C

Hmm, yes, the mic is a few years old, maybe it looses calibration. Guess i need to re-calibrate somehow or buy an UMIK-2 which should have individual cal files
Top Bottom