Search results

1. bracko

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

I only have one more in-ear headphone, Sony WF-C500. A wireless headphone that I like pretty much :) It is not on the same level as my over the ear headphones but they do have a pleasant sound.
  2. bracko

Definitely. One of my favorite composers :)
  3. bracko

After more than one year with Truthear Zero I can say that the sound they produce is just not my cup of tea. I returned my first pair in exchange for a new one (I thought that something was wrong with my first pair). Nothing changed. The glassy treble is still there, the mids are very thin. I am...
  4. bracko

I have tried them with iPhone 11, Samsung Note, Marantz CD6007 headphone out, Audiolab 8300CDQ hp out, iFi Audio Zen CAN, Topping DX3 Pro. I haven't tried different cables. Edit: I also tried them off my MacBook Pro hp plug.
  5. bracko

I am really trying to like this IEM but the lack of weight in the sound and somewhat "harsh" and "glassy" tonality is quite unpleasant. I guess I don't belong to the vast majority of people :)
  6. bracko

But I admit that I might have judged them too quickly and will give them more time :)
  7. bracko

I am quite sure the seal is OK. Nothing happens if I push them longer. The bass is actually quite good. My main concern is lower mids (lacking) and upper mids (pronounced) giving weird balance when listening to classical music for example.
  8. bracko

Thanks and Merry Christmas. I am not completely sure that 95% people who voted actually have heard these headphones. I am quite sure that many of them are just giving their opinon about the review results.
  9. bracko

Recovering from what?
  10. bracko

Ok, I've got a pair of these now too. Out of the box they just sound thin and lifeless. Not terrible but definitely not good enough considering the hype and the measured performance here. The lower mids are very laid back and the upper mids too pronounced. The fit is fine and the quality great...
  11. bracko

Topping DX3 Pro+

Hi Anyone else having problems accessing Topping's homepage? tpdz.net
  12. bracko

Topping DX3 Pro+

Not in my experience. Probably just an imagination or something else that is wrong in the system. Without proper measurements I wouldn't take the statement about attenuation seriously.
  13. bracko

ifi Zen Phono Review (phono stage)

Also, I've heard iFi Phono with quite an inexpensive cartridge and know that it doesn't lack dynamics, separation or air ;)
  14. bracko

Honestly, I am very, very wary when someone says "no dynamics, no separation, no air" because those adjectives really mean very little when it comes to electronics and are mostly dependent on loudspeakers, rooms etc. Anything else is probably more in the head of the listener or due to wrong...
  15. bracko

Schiit Mani 2 Review (Phono Stage)

Ifi Zen Phono is another great alternative.
  16. bracko

Honestly, this is a great phono preamp. It measures better than PS Audio Stellar at 6% of its price.
  17. bracko

Also measurements of iFi ZEN Phono https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2571:ifi-audio-zen-phono-preamplifier-measurements&catid=414&Itemid=547
  18. bracko

Chord Hugo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

This product is a joke. Both performance and the build quality are not worth a product costing 1/10th of the asked price. Unbelievable.
  19. bracko

It would be nice to know how it compared to the Audiolab's built-in phono.
  20. bracko

Here in Europe Mani 2 costs €235 (ca $235) plus shipping. I am not sure about it being especially good value. But then, what alternatives are there at that price point?
Top Bottom