Search results

1. R

NAD C 298 Power Amplifier With Purifi Eigentakt Amplification

It's all about amp/speaker synergy. Works with some, others not so much!
  2. R

Denon Replaces AKM AK4458 DAC IC in X4700H and X6700H

Yes I believe I'll hang on to my 8802a for now
  3. R

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

Why the preference for the AKM DAC vs current one? Thanks
  4. R

SOLD!!!NAD C298SOLD!!!

Here are some pics of the unit.
  5. R

I have my NAD C298 for sale if anyone interested check out the For Sale forum. Thanks,
  6. R

SOLD!!!NAD C298SOLD!!!

Original owner selling NAD C298 purchased 12/04/2020 dropped shipped from Lenbrook America. Current Firmware v1.8. No issues. Dead silent. Mint condition. OEM Box. $1700.00 plus shipping from Dallas, TX.
  7. R

N Nope! Read the instructions again. In operating mode, Press and hold front panel Standby button for at least 5 seconds but no more than 10 seconds.
  8. R

Just received June issue of Stereophile containing Kalman Rubinson's C298 review. JA states "The C298 is one of the lowest-distortion amplifiers I have measured, rivaling the less powerful Benchmark AHB2 that KR reviewed in November 2015."
  9. R

Hot off the presses. New Absolute Sound review. Robert Harley likes what he hears! https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/nad-c658-streaming-dac-and-c298-power-amplifier
  10. R

My first defective unit would play music for hours, like 6-14 before shutting down. Sometimes it would play for 14 hours without shutting down. The problem was very intermittent. Replacement unit is V1.8 with no issues.
  11. R

One mans rolled off is another mans bright. Some audiophiles don't like "just the facts". Nothing wrong with that. If you have an interest in this amplifier I strongly suggest you do as the 10 Audio reviewer concluded, Mix, Match and ENJOY!
  12. R

Must say I'm a bit shocked folks round here evaluating a component based on sound from a youtube video! FWIW, I listen almost exclusively to jazz trio through ML Spire and my C298 is dead silent.
  13. R

I have 1556 drop shipped from Lenbrook America on 12/4/20 with v1.8, and it's silent.
  14. R

In a word, NO, driving Martin Logan Spire. Enjoy!
  15. R

If your looking for measurements this is the only I'm aware of at this time.
  16. R

Hard to comment on something that has no sound of it's own. Neutral and transparent.
  17. R

Interestingly, the power button is disabled when trigger cable connected. Disconnecting allowed me to check firmware version. My replacement unit dropped shipped from Lenbrook America is v1.08. My defective unit was dropped shipped from them as well. It appears they're letting the public do...
  18. R

Exactly! I downloaded the manual from your link back on page 4 of this thread. There was no inclusion of the paragraphs of how to enable/disable auto sense or auto standby. And I recall your relaying to us the response from NAD that the unit did not include Auto Standby! So...was there a...
Top Bottom