Search results

1. P

Chinese JL Hood 1969 Class A amplifier off Aliexpress

Sorry for late reply. I believe it's the same one (and that's a good price in euros if you don't want to use ebay). I am not 100% sure but maybe 95% sure. Transistors are same, same count, back front and chassis look the same, price is similar, etc. EDIT: Any upgrades suggested for this design...
  2. P

Upgrade from Beyer DT990 Pro 250 ohm

Many thanks. I will try this first (the EQ options). Other views still welcome (edit: the above)
  3. P

Can I get some tips for how to EQ? I use Tidal desktop client and Fidelizer mostly, but I am open to installing other software or changing my music sub if need be. Appreciate all the replies so far.
  4. P

Well therein lies the issue. I am very happy with the DT990 250ohms. I am just curious what a group of people who I trust would say is the natural best upgrade path... I have heard some very impressive reviews of top end headphones and I would like to see how much I can improve in the...
  5. P

Hi there For over 2 years now I have been happy with my DT990s. I have not been bothered by the clear highs as others have and run them through the headphone amp of an M-DAC with PSU. I don't want to change my headphone amp if I can help it. What would be a good value upgrade to my DT990s? I...
  6. P

Speaker Plans (or kits available in UK/EU?)

Have any of these kits been tested here? There is a lot of choice and I can't easily tell if my speakers will be much improved by any of them. Thanks for the links btw, I was about to post this topic or very similar.
  7. P

Chinese JL Hood 1969 Class A amplifier off Aliexpress

Just a quick note to say I picked up the amp in the OP (available on ebay, JLH 1969 18+18w 4 transistors per channel high output version. Sells as 2020 newest version. I picked up the boards first and had a go at making an amp but couldn't source heatsinks large enough cheaply enough so just...
Top Bottom