Search results

1. R

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

no i2s output is a deal breaker for me. need a streamer only for the Pontus 2?
  2. R

Denafrips Ares II - is it really worth it?

i still read reviews but only as a guide. my ears have the final say. lots of stuff gets good reviews, but upon actually hearing it can be quite disappointing. i have only bought one piece of equipment on spec after it received many favorable reviews. that was the Zen Stream. sounded great...
  3. R

i trust my ears. i have devoted my life to music, more than the casual listener. i would like to hear from other musicians. i spend perhaps 8 hrs. a day playing or listening to music not to equipment.
  4. R

SMSL SD 9 or IFI ZEN STREAM

i wonder if the Bluesound Node with the PSU upgrade would trump the IFI Zen Stream?
  5. R

i have Ares ll and find it to be very natural sounding. i have played in orchestras. the timbre of instruments are spot on imho. i have played just about every major Grand in the world. the weight and authority and harmonic decay of the piano is very convincing. i realize that not everyone has...
  6. R

i sent my second unit back after it was determined to be defective and now have been using a Bluesound Node that works in my network without flaws, day in and day out. my hopes are that iFi will completely redesign the Zen Stream from the ground up to work as consistently as some other products...
  7. R

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

i bought an iFi Zen Stream and had nothing but connection problems with it. i than bought the Node 2i and have had no connection issues whatsoever. the iFi sounds very very good as does the Node 2i used as a transport. my problem i suspect is that the iFi is more network dependent and...
  8. R

is your network a fiber or a copper connection? as i thought you are using fiber which is better suited for the Zen Stream. i could not upgrade to fiber due to building issues and that could make the Zen Stream network dependent. Bluesound is less susceptible to my network and hence no...
  9. R

is your network a fiber or a copper connection? i am hopping the iFi will release a V2 once they get all the bugs out. all the firmware updates so far failed to solve connection problems. i think something like a Sonore Ultra Rendu would offer the best of both words. i also feel that cables...
  10. R

agree, sent my Zen Stream back after 4 months of struggling with issues. bought the Bluesound as a back up hassle free alternative. i also bought a Kimber Kable power cord for the Bluesound. makes a bid difference.
  11. R

fiber optic vs coax vs USB cable from computer/source to DAC .... which is better ?

i just hooked up a $3 usb a/b cable between my streamer and my DAC. it sounds amazing!! was going to buy a $100 equivalent
  12. R

i really like the DAC in the Node 2i, to bad it does not have a coax input, it would make a good DAC. NAD stopped making DACs, pity.
  13. R

i got the Zen Stream to work again last night after i did a factory re-set. it sounded great running into my old Nad D1050, but crashed a couple of times. annoying, up to its same old tricks. i think its a hair better than the 2i, but the Node 2i is stable. in Thailand they speak very little...
  14. R

since i was running the Zen Stream wired via ethernet, changing the router setting to multicast would not make a difference?
  15. R

not sure what multicast is or if its on my router. for us non technical types the Bluesound is the way to go. just took five minutes to set up. and it just works, its stable and the internal DAC beats my old NAD D1050. wish i had done this months ago. would have saved lots time, $$$ and anguish.
  16. R

yesterday i went down to the local Nad dealer and borrowed a Node 2i. on sale now so i thought i would bring it back and see if it would work in my hotel environment without all the issues i had with the Zen Stream even with the latest firmware installed. first of all unlike the Zen Stream it...
  17. R

ifi ipower X

wow, i had the same problem with my iPower that i purchased seperately with the Zen Stream. i than switched to the power adaptor that came with the unit and it worked better. i sent it back to the dealer for him to test, he said it was ok, i asked him if i could upgrade to the newer MK2 or...
  18. R

SOLD : For Sale Lumin U1 Mini

i need a 240v. version with spdif out.
  19. R

ifi ipower X

i recently purchased an IFI i-power 12v and an addition to the IFI Zen Stream. when using the i-power with the Zen i experienced voltage fluctuations that where causing connection and power shut down issues with the Zen. i am now testing the regular power adaptor that came in the box with the...
  20. R

my unit now mysteriously powers down. shuts off. seems like a separate issue other than a connection issue? could this be a hardware or software issue. i am using a IFI Ipower 12v. psu.
Top Bottom