Search results

1. sane4sure

Topping D70 Pro Sabre DAC Review

I guess the real question for some of us is this: If I really don't have any interest in messing with EQ, how does this compare with the revered RME ADI-2 DAC FS?
  2. sane4sure

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

Similar to Tom, I've been using the Zen Stream from iFi for a few months and have become increasingly frustrated with the constant disconnection issues with Tidal Connect. Having recently bought an RME ADI-2 Dac, I'm now looking to source a streamer that is more 'robust'. I previously had a node...
  3. sane4sure

Beyerdynamic T1 Headphones with ifi Zen Can Amp - Should I Upgrade to Beyerdynamic A1?

Yes, I have just realised the numerous changes that the latest firmware has included so I've downloaded and printed the latest version of the manual.
  4. sane4sure

Beyerdynamic T1 Headphones with ifi Zen Can Amp - Should I Upgrade to Beyerdynamic A1?

The Moto gear looks interesting and I'll do some research on it when I get a few minutes. My RME arrived today and I have updated it to the latest firmware, connected up to my Zen Stream and have started to read the 'monster manual'. I'll hopefully get some listening done this weekend and...
  5. sane4sure

Hmm, looks like I need to do some resesarch on EQ. Perhaps that long-avoided RME ADI-2 may be in my future after all!
  6. sane4sure

OK, I'm after some advice on a possible upgrade. I'm currently using an ifi Zen Stream, Zen DAC and Zen Can. Headphones are Beyerdynamic T1. Overall, I am happy with the sound but can't help wandering if the overall presentation is a bit 'polite'. I keep getting drawn to the lure of the old...
  7. sane4sure

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

Can I ask how you are finding the A90 with your Amiron Home? I have them and am debating whether to upgrade to the A90 from my L30.
  8. sane4sure

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

OK, the verdict is in. The Zen Can has been moved aside and the L30 gets to stay. I thought it would be a close call but the L30 is so clean and accurate and has none of the bass bloat and slightly muffled high end that I was getting from the Zen. The E30/L30 stack must surely be one of the...
  9. sane4sure

Yes, you are correct. On first listen it seems ok but it soon becomes apparent that the Node 2i is definitely a better source than the headphone jack shows. Upgrading to the Zen Can was a revelation.
  10. sane4sure

Just received my L30 and am comparing it with the Zen Can that is currently partnering my E30. First impressions are very favourable. Will listen to more genres over the rest of the weekend before deciding which one stays in my bedroom system. Source is a BlueSound Node 2i and headphones are...
Top Bottom