Search results

1. T

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

Yes, I took a lot of cognitive behavior courses in college.. its funny how our brains and senses can override logic. I also have a marketing degree and marketers play upon every cognitive behavior imaginable and the human ego.
  2. T

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

I purchased a 2 channel Buckeye Amp with Hypex NCore 502 Module..omg.. I am loving this Amp. It really controls my Open Baffles and brings out more details.. This forum is what made me check Dylan and his product out . I am so glad. I hope he plants his brand name on casing..he should show his...
  3. T

I'm always researching old hifi books..trying to get to ground zero so I build my knowledge up..I'm reading a lot of online reviews..and watching select you tube reviewers..because some appear to keep it realistic and simple. Then there the ones that have so much sound treatment ..they might as...
  4. T

Well it's helped me sort some things out and made me realize..you got to take one day at a time..or you may end up smashing stuff.lol
  5. T

Lol , I think there is an direct correlation. I will be at work ..in the middle of a task..stop and Google something about HIFi..its my escape.lol
  6. T

I..lol..into this to a certain degree. I have tons of pieces parts..multiple copies of cds...playing with multiple tweaks, however, I've never truly heard a killer Hi Fi system as described in this forum or in online reviews. I'm still a newbie. But I obsess over speaker placement, brass...
  7. T

Recommend Opamp Upgrades for Xduoo XD-05 Plus and Aune X8

Oh.. I have realized that I have literally drove myself crazy over " tweaks" and most of them have go against my god given sense. So now after all the hoopla and wasted money. I could of just bought a decent DAC with all the proper connections and saved myself the headache. I did feel with my...
  8. T

Dude if we were all experts ..we wouldnt be on this forum would we?
  9. T

Ok your right..buddy..im enamored by your ability to determine what sounds good and what doesnt..im not an engineer..but I imagine you do all your listening in a completey sound proofed room and you got a the proper gear. I bet your one of those types that collects his toe nail clippings in a...
  10. T

Ive heard high $ Focals in poorly laid out room with high dollar amps. I thought I in was in a bar with the soundman was too drunk to adjust the levels. But my buddy loved it.. and thats all that counts.
  11. T

I purchased it because I can use the Aune 8 as a pre-amp for other applications in the future, as in a desk top etc. I find its only downfall is doesnt have XLR outputs. I have been buying a combination of products to play with. In retrospect I could a decent r2r unit with all the connects...
  12. T

The Burson and Sparkos websites specifically state that their ops amps are compatiable with Aune X8. The difference between their offerings and stock are that they are dual discrete not singles.Hence, the need to adjust how the Aunex8s sits. You either have to flip it on its back or stand it...
  13. T

I spent weeks listening to each one with a multitude of cds ranging from classical to hip hop. I referred to companies literature on each op amps output. In addition, I used my DB meter and RTA on my Behringer which is set to flat across the board. They all sounded good but Sparkos seemed to...
  14. T

I went a little crazy with ops amp rolling. I purchased Bursons Classic 5, Vivid 6, and Sparkos. I heard a noticeable difference with the Sparkos.Sparkos is only $79.00 . Id go Sparkos if getting it ops amp rolling.
  15. T

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Thats great will you be offering a 2 channel version by chance. I would like to spank some friends hoity toity buttocks who only think Theta and PS Audio make quality class D amps.Plus, I really think its great your from Ohio. Thanks Tom
Top Bottom