Search results

1. bearcatsandor

Why are XLR cables only locked on one side?

I'm the proud owner of my first pair. The question is in the subject. Also, I have the habit of shutting down everything via power supply switch before I pull interconnect cables of course. I've been told that you can connect/disconnect xlr cables hot. Is that actually true?
  2. bearcatsandor

Am I too old for this and wasting my time?

I'm 50 and working on getting my bachelor's degree in audio engineering and sonic arts. Go me. I have a strong interest in immersive audio and I'm enjoying the education. However, about halfway through each semester I feel a sense of "*sigh* Is there a point?" My hearing is still very good...
  3. bearcatsandor

As an engineer do I need to be able to play MQA just in case?

I'm earning my degree in audio engineering (at 50 years old) and I'm setting up a home studio space. I don't care for MQA from a political standpoint as I'm very much an open source zelot, but do I need a DAC that can handle it anyway? What are the chances that a client would send me MQA stems...
  4. bearcatsandor

Is a 0.8 difference in dynamic range audible?

I have some otherwise itentical albums in both PCM and DSD. The difference bewteen the two is a dynamic range of about 0.8 dB, favoring the DSD every time. I have very good hearing (for a 50 year-old anyway), so am I likely to be able to hear that difference in dynamic range over isolating...
Top Bottom