Search results

1. Fonzombie

The difference between good and great

Talk about down the rabbit hole lol. I have the JBL 4349s - initially I hated them, they were far too bright. Tried them with a Primaluna evo 400, MC462 and a Marantz 2275... and they sounded like drek on each one. But I disliked the JBL 4367 too, which I believe measured really well? I do...
  2. Fonzombie

New JBL 4349 Speakers

I had the 4429 hooked up to a Mcintosh MA9000 - way to bright. I later got a mc462 - and used a schiit freya + and it was better. Unfortunately Ive never heard a Mcintosh pair well with the JBL speakers. Maybe one of their tube amps would? I've also noticed all Mcintosh to be light in the bass...
  3. Fonzombie

New JBL 4349 Speakers

You guys make incredible stands. I have 3 pairs.
  4. Fonzombie

New JBL 4349 Speakers

I agree with all of this, especially about the 4367. I felt they were way too bright as well. As for Luxman I had the 509x it was good but the 590-axII is sublime, I love that amp with JBL, its conservatively rated at 30 WPC but man those watts sound straight up class A, and full, the mids sound...
  5. Fonzombie

New JBL 4349 Speakers

For reference Ive owned the 4429, 4365 and the 4367... out of those my personal tastes landed with the 4365s. Fantastic speakers. I also loved the 4429s. The best they sounded was when I had them hooked up to a AR GSi75. A combo I regret selling to this day. Alas the adventure starts again - I...
  6. Fonzombie

New JBL 4349 Speakers

Hope it's not in bad taste to post this here, seems like the right place to do it. I currently have a pair of JBL 4349s for sale - new in the box. I ordered them because I had a set of 4365's stuck in customs and didn't think Id ever get them out (3 months it was insane) Literally the day my...
Top Bottom