Search results

1. G

Niles SI-2150 Class D Amplifier Review

Funny you should ask. I kept the Niles in the end, but not for long. After several days of listening compared to the Stageline I decided I preferred the softer treble and wider sound stage of the Niles. That was my first taste of hypex (the Niles is UCD 250). Liking what I heard, I then stumbled...
  2. G

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

I have the x3700 and I'm trying to use the auto power off function - ideally the unit switches to standy if there's no signal for 15mins. But when I set it, the unit switches off even with input - so it turns off the sound 15 mins into a film, which is hopeless. I'm using an external amp for the...
  3. G

Impressions and internal photos of the Audiophonics MPA-S250NC

I got the Audiphonics nc250mp a couple of weeks ago. Using it with a 12v trigger from Denon 3700. There is a master power switch on the back of the Audiophonics amp (next to the power socket). With that on, the 12v trigger from the AVR just turns the front 'soft' power button on and off. I'm...
  4. G

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

I'm selling a 3600 if that's any use? (Sorry if this is wrong place to mention). Check UK ebay.
  5. G

Opinion on IMG Stage line STA-400D amplifier with Hypex modules

I've also got the Stageline 400D. Bought a Niles Si 2150 at the same time by accident (long story). Both use the same Hypex modules but I think have different power supplies. The Niles is a much higher list price, but similar price used or refurb. Currently auditioning them side by side - non...
  6. G

Niles SI-2150 Class D Amplifier Review

Long story but I've ended up with both the Niles 2150 and the Stageline STA-400D mentioned above as having the same HYPEX units. Both as new, I'm in the UK and they were similar prices. Stagline was £240/$328) and the Niles was £280/$380. Have been auditioning them side by side with a rough non...
  7. G

Denon AVR-X3600H AV Receiver Review

I've had the X3600H for a month now. Very happy with the sound. Good upgrade sonically from Marantax 1509. Using with a Linn AV5125 external for the front speakers (with Linn AKTIV cards for Katan speakers). I'm using the internal amps for surrounds and have a single powered sub. I've tried...
Top Bottom