Search results

1. S

Squeezebox/LMS volume adjustment and sound quality question

Thank you so much, your post helps clarify the underlying technical issues for me, and lays out why it is more complicated than I thought (isn't it always?). Do you know of a DAC that can be driven by Squeezelite via USB, where volume control would benefit being done in the DAC (possibly after...
  2. S

Thank you again for your response. In the case of a Topping DAC for instance, is the RPi controlling the attenuation within the DAC? In other words, I am understanding that the volume attenuation can be done in the software at the RPi level, or further downstream, by the DAC (in the case of...
  3. S

Thank you. If the volume is done in the Pi itself, isn't it likely to meaningfully degrade sound quality? Esp given I typically listen at 20-50% of volume setting, the signal-to-noise ratio is likely to be quite bad? I do not know what bit depth the RPi is using... So what are the best DACs...
  4. S

Hello to all! I am new to the site and would like to submit a (perhaps silly) question to the community. Background: I am a happy user of an Squeezebox/LMS-based system, powered by two Transporters and a couple of lower-end Squezzeboxes, but in the process of migrating my hardware to RPi-based...
Top Bottom