Search results

1. O

Audeze LCD-X Over Ear Open Back Headphone Review

Okay, I'm just going to come out and say it: the level of intellectual dishonesty is ASTOUNDING here. You either have made absolutely NO effort to read or understand the method I followed and mentioned, or are so invested in Harman you can't pull your head out of whatever Harman paper it's...
  2. O

Right, plain English seems to be beyond reality in here, apparently. As for your post above, you already know from my previous posts the definition I gave for "accurate," so you KNOW what I was talking about when I mentioned "accurate." The slides have nothing to do with what I defined, posting...
  3. O

But it only counts if it's not Beats, because they're stupid. Got it.
  4. O

Why don't you TRY IT and find out? And I don't know what's so confusing about recognizing that everyone has different hearing. Must be beyond so many people's abilities to acknowledge this simple fact. If I run a frequency sweep through a pair of headphones and all of the frequencies appear...
  5. O

Friend, you have no CLUE what you're talking about. The only people emotionally invested in "illogic" are the people who refuse to read and understand what I have posted, and who have not provided any evidence that Harman 1) IS accurate 2) ever CLAIMED to be accurate. As for you, "you need to...
  6. O

Are you serious? How CAN I provide you with a curve that will render what YOU hear neutral (by neutral we mean the usual: frequencies in a sweep will sound the same volume to YOU)? NO ONE can do that, that's part of my point, and Harman certainly doesn't. YOU can do it, by "playing with EQ" as...
  7. O

I asked you to follow me? All I initially said was that I did not agree with using Harman as a "good sound" target. But, if anything, I do invite you and fellow members here to try out the method of PEQ to neutral (as called elsewhere) and see what you achieve. I believe that if you, and...
  8. O

Right, you reply to my post which clearly shows you misquoting me, and me clarifying what I actually said, and you think I'm going to fall that appeal to your own authority (because YOU determined I have knowledge gaps)? Hahaha, nonono, you can leave the conversation any time you want, but it is...
  9. O

Calm down, would you? I was just using the example of HP FR graph as measured by some equipment as an example of what I mean by "flat." No need for drama. And yes, I am aware volume level affects perceived sound, that is why when one does EQ one does it at one's usual comfortable level for...
  10. O

Nice, so if I did all this and it does not closely approximate Harman curve, then I "need to go through a controlled test to verify what I have done is correct." In other words, I just CAN'T do it correctly and have the result not be Harman. BIAS, anyone? Actually while I don't have...
  11. O

Well, DT, if you wanted to post reserved definitions for my understanding I would thank you for the clarification, even at the beginning of the conversation. I define terms so that people will know exactly what *I* refer to in my context. A "flat" FR graph to me, means one that shows equal...
  12. O

You're free to think whatever you like about me or "agendas." I did read your post and chose to address what I saw as the major misunderstanding. I could've continued by addressing the below, but it seems to me counterproductive as you insist on not understanding what I said. For example: You...
  13. O

You are ASSUMING I introduce some gear or equipment to measure the sound and create the curve, this is not so. The "curve" is entirely subjective to ME: that is, I calibrate to flat AS I HEAR IT. I do this by using frequency sweeps to identify peaks/dips, and using PEQ to correct them. I also...
  14. O

No, I stated : "If I play the file through, say, my HD800, I will hear the flute through the HD800 FR: diminishing bass, treble peak that we all know. "
  15. O

Well, no. I have a flute. I play it daily. I make a recording of my flute. I make a FLAC file of this recording. When I play it through my headphones, I want it to sound like I know what my flute sounds like. If this is wrong to you, then let's really not go any further. To reproduce the sound...
  16. O

Hello Amirm, I will first let you know I really do appreciate the measurements and the work you do here! I have read the forum for a long time, and finally have some time to participate. 1) This is just nitpicking, not "severe misunderstanding." If you just *need* me to state "as close to...
  17. O

Actually, I'm just going to copy-paste my posts below, and YOU tell everyone: WHERE did I state flat HP FR curves are most accurate? I have not edited any of my posts, so people can see for themselves in the original posts. I DID state: "As far as an ideal headphone, I think the best one...
  18. O

Lawton Chambers for TH610!

TH900, maybe? I had 2 of them, but sold one. I kept my modded version with Lawton level 1 mods, Lawton Spalted Maple cups, and Dekoni pads. It sounds a bit better than stock.
  19. O

The only mistake is if you infer my comment is to the "latest" Harman curve. See this, since you like references: http://www.juloaudio.sk/Umiestnenie_reprosustav/History%20of%20Harman%20Target%20Curve.pdf second to last slide. And if we take the curve to be the latest curve it makes no...
  20. O

A better question is, did *you* read and understand both the papers and my previous posts? 1) The Harman target curve comes from feedback of adjustments to bass and treble AFTER the headphones were equalized to match the flat in-room response from loudspeakers. Repeating: Bass and Treble...
Top Bottom