Search results

1. W

Converting a Blu-ray/SACD player into a digital DSD transport

This is the box I bought on AliExpress a little over a year ago: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001265826217.html My box does not have DoP capacity. That is the major difference between mine and your TZT other than the price. I guess I will be getting a new box. With my box, I can play...
  2. W

I tried connecting the box to my D90 using the coax digital cable. I couldn't get any signal. Maybe the cable is faulty. I may try using the optical connection next. Do you have to do any special set up or is it just simple PnP? You did mention playing SACD DSD in DOP @2.82 Mhz DSD. How do you...
  3. W

Well, I am glad you have solved your problem. It is rather mysterious. Happy Holidays.
  4. W

Don't know. It is still HDMI going into your new TZT box from your 93, right? So I doubt the 93 is the culprit. Maybe it is the I2S input circuit of your D90. Just thinking.
  5. W

Congratulations! Have you tried a different HDMI cable? I do still have to mute the system when I switch the signal (CD to SACD or vice versa) to avoid the pop. Otherwise, I am not getting any clicks or pops. I have just replaced the OPPO 83 with a 93 for much better transport and electronics.
  6. W

Hi Andy... The firmware version is BDP83-60-1110, which I think is the latest (2014). Please see attached photos. The HDMI Audio is set to "Auto" and the SACD output is set to DSD.
  7. W

Not a problem. I am just being curious. As for my exact setup, It has been a while, so I cannot tell you off the top. I will have to connect it to a monitor or TV to take a look at the setup. It is a bit of a bother since the TV is not in my listening room. I am looking for a cheap small TV on...
  8. W

Have you set your SACD output to DSD? Page 63 of the attached file. I am also attaching the Manual for the 83 You will see they contain different instructions for the audio setup.
  9. W

Yes, when the D90 is switching from PCM to DSD. If I play SACD through it one after another, no pop. So I make sure I turn the volume down before I start playing an SACD.
  10. W

I'd make sure the HDMI Audio output is set up properly first, Unfortunately, there are no I2S standards.
  11. W

I have read a downloaded manual for the Sony. It has a number of settings you need to pay attention to with respect to the HDMI audio output box. I have also noticed the Topping DX7's I2S port has a number of optional settings as well. So does the converter box. There is no use in asking for...
  12. W

If you have the Sony's user manual, check pages 22, 25 and 27. Can you play red book CDs to Th3 DX7? The coaxial does not pass DSD signals, only PCM.
  13. W

It only happens when the OPPO is switching from PCM to DSD.
  14. W

Hi Andy... The attached photos will show I am playing SACD through HDMI on the BDP-83 display and the D90 display shows IIS to RCA with DCD at 2.82MHz. You may need to check your HDMI Audio output setting. (Never mind the Singxer USB Bridge. I only use it to play music from my laptop.)
  15. W

I will review my setup further before coming back to post another reply.
  16. W

The only peculiarity I have experienced with my setup is when the OPPO sends the SACD signal to the D90, there is an initial loud pop. I have to remember to turn down the volume on the preamp before playing an SACD. I will check out if there are any setup differences between the 93 and the 83...
  17. W

Strange, because I don't have the same problem. It may not be the converter. Is your transport an OPPO BDP-83 as well? Sorry if I missed your thread.
  18. W

Sorry to hear that and wonder why. Mine works straight out of the box. Does the red light on the converter come on at all?
  19. W

I am not sure about that. I think the D-90 is showing the stream as PCM.
Top Bottom