Search results

1. D

8 Channel amp: Buckeye vs VTV vs Monoprice

Ah, I misread that. They say "12V Trigger Stereo Inc trigger cable" . Would be clearer if they spelled out including.
  2. D

Nord's optional trigger cable is £50.00 (US$63.75) when you order it with an amplifier!? $5.49 at Amazon https://www.amazon.com/TENINYU-3-5mm-Mono-Cable-Extension/dp/B07PMZXL3Y
  3. D

Nord has an 8-channel Hypex NC252MP amp? I don't see it on their website.
  4. D

Buckeye Amps: Hypex NCx500 Official Thread

Now all we need is the 14" SpeakOn case!
  5. D

Buckeye Amps case changes

speakOns on non-rackmount cases? You converted me and now I won't go back!
  6. D

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

No, the diagram above represents what Monoprice are currently shipping with the connection between pin 1 and the grounding tab on the XLR plug. The older ones did not have the pin1 to grounding tab connection. Hypex's diagram does not show this connection. The usual use case for professionals...
  7. D

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

It's the pin 1 connection to the grounding tab on the XLR plug that is the problem. Cut that bare wire inside the plug and it works fine with the Buckeye amps.
  8. D

What to choose between Denon X6700H and X4800H?

Not a waste if you already have the amplifiers. A waste would be buying a Cinema 40. When it comes to AVRs not using some of it's capabilities is a given. And with the X4800H I also suspect that there may be improvements in video and sound quality when the power supply is not burdened with the...
  9. D

What to choose between Denon X6700H and X4800H?

Not a waste at all. As a pre-pro in preamp only mode the X4800H is imposible to beet at anywhere near it’s cost, for SQ, HDMI capabilies and features. The only thing it is missing is XLR outputs.
  10. D

Updates on Axiom Audio, Bryston and Magnum Dynalab

https://www.soundstagehifi.com/index.php/opinion/1785-canadian-hi-fi-trilogy-axiom-audio-bryston-and-magnum-dynalab-all-under-one-expanding-roof
  11. D

ART USB Phono Plus Review

Well no, it came without a power supply. Disappointing given the issues that you observed powering it with 5V USB power that you didn't try another power source. The manual says: "A power connector on the rear allows you to use an optional external power source to reduce the power drawn from...
  12. D

ART USB Phono Plus Review

I also wonder what the results would have been if you had bothered to try different power supplies. The Precision Phono Pre was tested with a 9V DC wall wart.
  13. D

Buckeye NC502MP 8-Channel Amp Review

Thanks, so the odd numbered channels are the "good" ones. Not that I would be able to hear the difference but nice to know. Dylan can you please confirm? Already had my LCRs connected to channels 1,3 and 5.
  14. D

Buckeye NC502MP 8-Channel Amp Review

So looking at the amp from the rear which of the outputs of the channel pairings is the "good" channel, left or right? Would seem to make sense to connect my LCR to them.
  15. D

DC blocker for NAD T777 V3

You are on an American forum. Might be a good idea to add your location to your profile. Just get the iFi.
  16. D

DC blocker for NAD T777 V3

Have you tested with a cheater plug to see if lifting the ground eliminates the hum? For testing only, not a solution. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0986ZDH3J/
  17. D

Why is a 12v trigger not standard on audio equipment?

Couldn't live without 12V triggers in my systems to turn on power amps, subwoofers and cooling fans. I found signal sensing auto on/off to be very annoying on my SVS subwoofers.
  18. D

Hot air rises so you want to encourage this not fight it. Pull the air up and out from the top so it draws room temerature air in from the bottom and sides.
  19. D

Any update on the 8-channel 502 (pictures)? Trying to decide on whether to get one 8-channel or two 4-channel.
Top Bottom