Search results

1. T

Eversolo DMP-A8 Announced

I bought it before the Node. Sold it subsequently. Now using A6 with its internal DAC.
  2. T

Eversolo DMP-A8 Announced

If the Steve Huffs of the world told us that every DAC basically sounds the same, they would have no reason to exist as reviewers, or their reviews would be very short. They need to exaggerate/invent differences so that companies will keep sending them products, which they conveniently get to...
  3. T

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

While the VU meter seems to be too sensitive for rock/pop, it is the opposite for classical music, which is what I mostly listen to. There are often long passages of quiet music where the needle doesn't move at all, to the point where I've wondered if the screen was frozen. :D
  4. T

Yeah, it has stopped for me as well. I did download the newest firmware in the meantime, so maybe that's what fixed it. It was certainly a strange problem to have, though probably useful if I wanted an extra remote in the form of a ceiling fan. :D I've enjoyed this device a lot. I guess my...
  5. T

My entire system is in the same circuit. Could it be the fact that the streamer is connected to a wifi extender in the same room as the fan? The music doesn't just stop, it actually disconnects as a Roon Ready device momentarily, so I have to choose the streamer again in Roon to continue the...
  6. T

No, it's just a basic fan that has two chains, one for the lights and one for the fan.
  7. T

Just received my DMP 6 an hour ago. Setup was easy, I love the display. Then I went to turn off my ceiling fan to reduce the noise in the room and the music paused. At first I thought it was a coincidence, but it keeps happening whenever I turn on or off my ceiling fan. What could be causing...
  8. T

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

I just read that post by Bluesound on their message board. It does say they're working on it, which is good, but it doesn't provide a timeline for development. I'm confident they'll find a solution. Other than the MQA/Roon problem, the Node is fantastic. I only got it a few days ago primarily...
  9. T

Hopefully they'll fix it. The major flaw of the SU-9 is that MQA only works through USB, not coax or optical. That's why I was excited when the latest firmware update for the Node included USB out.
  10. T

I tried using USB out with my SMSL SU-9 through Roon, but the sound breaks up every few seconds, and I checked "renderer only" and "MQA core decoder" as someone mentioned earlier. But when I use USB out with Tidal connect and BluOS, it works flawlessly. But I'm so used to using Roon, it feels...
  11. T

Monoprice Monolith THX 887 Balance Headphone Amp: New Champ?

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but does anyone else hear a little noise when changing the volume? It usually happens between 10 and 2 o'clock. It doesn't always happen, but frequently enough to be noticed. Other than that, the unit is completely silent, but that little noise when...
  12. T

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

I did specifically mention the third harmonic distortion issue in my email, and they said the units that had been shipped to APOS had the problem fixed. Like most people, I really can't hear that defect on my SU-9 as I love that DAC, but since I'm within the two year warranty window, I might as...
  13. T

SMSL sent me an email and said that all units shipped recently to APOS have the updated firmware. So I'll go ahead and replace my current unit.
  14. T

So APOS says I can replace my current SU-9 with one they have in stock. When I asked if the ones they have in stock are the updated units, they said that they receive devices from SMSL every couple weeks and it should be the updated ones. I don't think that person really knows and simply assumed...
  15. T

@muslhead So you got an upgraded version directly from APOS, correct? I just exchanged a few emails with them. They initially said I should send the device to SMSL, but then when I insisted that I don't want to do that, they said they'll look into a replacement/return or an upgrade, but the...
  16. T

Even though I've been very happy with my SU-9, I'd like to replace it if possible just to get some peace of mind. Has anyone heard from APOS? Their website says they have a two year warranty, but have they acknowledged that this dac is indeed defective?
  17. T

I can confirm that different albums show different numbers there with the SU-9. I've seen 44.1, 48, and 96 in MQA mode, with exclusive mode, force volume, and passthrough switched on. There is also either a green or blue dot displayed. The manual talks about the difference between green or blue...
  18. T

^ Mine says the same. BTW, I freaking love it. I don't know if it's placebo or whatever, but I think it's noticeably more detailed than my Schiit Modi 3. I have it paired with my THX 887, fully balanced. I think I'm good for a few years.
  19. T

Hi everyone! This is my first post ever. Love this forum, though I often don't understand the technical terms. I just ordered the SU-9 and it should be here in a few days. I've had a couple Schiit DACs and neither of them had a volume control. So I never really worried about that. With the...
Top Bottom