Search results

1. 0

Xduoo TA-26 Tube Bliss

Thanks, I appreciate that. I'll let you know if I pick one up.
  2. 0

Xduoo TA-26 Tube Bliss

Thanks. If I get one I'll ask you about the different tubes you used. I have a drawer filled with guitar amp tubes including NOS but of course I don't think any of them are compatible with the TA26.
  3. 0

Xduoo TA-26 Tube Bliss

Nice. I have a K5 Pro and was going to use the dac in that if I decided to get the TA26. I would even try running the audio out of my BTR5 with a 2.5 balanced to rca in to the TA26. Are you still loving the TA26 and hear a real difference? I have an HD600, HD6xx and a HD 560s so I'm really...
  4. 0

Xduoo TA-26 Tube Bliss

Just curious what you're using for a dac with the ta26. Are you using the rca outs from the d30?
  5. 0

Sennheiser HD560s Owner's Thread.

Just reduce 5k by 3-4 db with a Q of 2 and they'll sound great.
  6. 0

Oratory1990 has REMEASURED a load of headphones and updated his pdf's

So great to hear, glad you're enjoying it! The 600s are so neutral, they really don't need anything else. I do also experiment with lowering 3500 by a couple of dbs and raising 5800 a couple of dbs for some recordings. Maybe even 200hz by 1 db but these are such small tweaks and they're really...
  7. 0

Try dropping 5500 hz by a few db. That's what I do on brighter tracks with good results
  8. 0

Me too. I returned a set of 660s because it had the same slightly muffled sound as my 6xx which I don't listen to much anymore. I love my HD600 which I find has a much clearer sound than the 6xx but I find I still listen to the HD560s more. I got lucky and bought mine new on an Amazon flash sale...
  9. 0

That's funny, after I typed the message I made 2 presets....One at 3db and one at 5db. I think you're right, 3db is perfect for most music without having it get in the way of anything else. I think I've reached headphone nirvana, at least to where the law of diminishing returns comes into...
  10. 0

Nice to know I'm on the right track from someone who actually knows what they're doing LOL. Yeah, 75Hz just seems a little tighter and punchier where 100Hz sounds just a little looser. Oratorys target eq sounds good but I think it maybe takes away a little too much of what makes the 600 so...
  11. 0

I like adding JUST a low shelf to my 600s not 650s and leaving everything else alone. I'm going back and forth between doing that and using oratorys full eq setting. As far as my 650/6xx, oratorys settings do improve them but I still think they sound much darker than the 600s. I'm always wanting...
  12. 0

Do you think I should just use that? When I do, the signal is louder so it's subtracting less pre gain. Maybe it's my imagination but it doesn't sound quite as clean with the louder auto gain setting. I'll mess around with it though. Thanks
  13. 0

Sorry about that. Yes, by output level I meant preamp gain. I'm using the 10 band peq in USB Audio Player Pro on my S7 into a Fiio K5 pro so I have plenty of power. The peq in USBAPP has a pre gain plus or minus adjustment so I was able to enter everything exactly the same as oratorys setting...
  14. 0

Thanks for that. Most of it is above my pay grade but I think I understand what you're saying. Just curious if I were to tweak oratorys settings, how should I adjust the output level?
  15. 0

I was noticing what seems like some big differences between oratorys 10 band graphic and para eq settings for the HD650. It looks like everything over 2700 hz is cut for the peq setting and everything over 2000 except for 16000 is boosted on the graphic. Again, I'm new to this so I could be...
  16. 0

Thanks so much for the responses. I have a K5 pro so power isn't an issue, just wanted to make sure I was doing everything right. I have to say I love these settings. I have an HD600 also and it really comes alive with his eq profile. I'm not a basshead but the added low end is just enough and...
  17. 0

Using a smartphone with desktop dac amp

Just to update here, I'm using my s7 and uapp with an otg cable into a K5 pro and it works flawlessly. The K5 even changes colors recognizing the different file types. For people that do most of there critical listening at home but like the convenience of using there phone and want the power and...
  18. 0

I'm new to peq and was just hoping you guys could answer a couple of questions. I entered oratorys settings manually in the 10 band peq in my usb audio player pro app for my hd6xx using his hd650 settings including the gain reduction. The volume is noticeably lower with the eq than without it...
  19. 0

Thanks again for taking the time to respond. I think you're right about the headphones. The 6-xx are great headphones no doubt but they definitely have some weaknesses. I listen to a lot of different kinds of music but mostly I listen to Classic Rock and progressive rock. They really seem to...
  20. 0

This was exactly the info I was looking for, thanks so much for taking the time. Just one more ? if I may. Aside from the obvious volume increase, do you think I would get better sound doing this? I would hope that I could get a fuller sound with perhaps better bass, clarity and soundstage at...
Top Bottom