Search results

1. Justin Ayers

Dubious about SPL used by objective testers

link I am dubious about at least one aspect of this methodology. For consistency, all speakers should have the lower-decibel chart in their review. Leaving it up to humans to decide, subjectively, if "it appears that the speaker is being strained beyond its output abilities at this level"...
  2. Justin Ayers

Various classical

I created a light-hearted gimmicky format for sharing music and have decided it's not worth the time to try to shoehorn things into categories. So, here are some classical music links of some interest and variety, generally with a smidgen of commentary. Feel free to share other classical, or...
  3. Justin Ayers

Martin Logan ESL (or ESL X) or Magnepan 1.7i?

The main benefit of spending $4,000 on the ML ESL X (rather than the less expensive ESL) is better bass response from the dual subwoofer (ESL just has one). However, it seems to me that it might be more cost-effective to get a bigger subwoofer and get an ESL (although it has a smaller panel...
  4. Justin Ayers

Koss electrostatics or HiFiMan?

Rratings gave the Ananda headphones a very high score but the high price, concerns about quality control, and weight make me wonder. In particular, since I'm basically poor, I am doubtful I can justify spending $700 on a pair of headphones. The Koss (Drop version) headphones only seem to be...
Top Bottom