Search results

1. A

Anthem STR pre-amp

Ops … did not see your question. Background, I went from a Parasound 2205 to MCA525 and the STR to drive the front two Kefs. Definitely greater clarity and no issue that can hear or comment about.
  2. A

Anthem STR pre-amp

Big ops, I did not notice pre-amp, Doh … I have the STR Power amp ….
  3. A

Anthem STR pre-amp

I have no idea if they are going to do a refresh ... Had mine a few months paired with a 525 MCA Gen2, sounds great to me. I am only using my old Lexican with RCA, but will change to balanced AVM at somepoint.
  4. A

Extreme Snake Oil

Apprently fail the AB test,, but the risers not ... he was confused.
  5. A

Extreme Snake Oil

I thought we could all enjoy this ...
  6. A

Anthem AVM 90 Audio Video Preamp/Processor

However the Trinnov(£14k) is double the price of the AVM90 comparing UK prices ....
  7. A

Arcam AV40 AV Processor Review

I wish to replace my Lexicon MC4, but can't bring myself to buying one, even at a knocked down price from an authorised dealer .. See here:- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234603491182?hash=item369f752f6e:g:nWUAAOSwm3tieoFo
  8. A

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Switch Review

I am not sure if this has already been posted ... a deep discussion on switches, unfortunately they did not have an Etherregen to hand, just other more expensive switches.
  9. A

Anthem STR pre-amp

ok thanks I actually have a Roon nucleus plus and SOTM network end point, so no problem to use the USB audio into an STR.
  10. A

Anthem STR pre-amp

Mine is the living room, so my wife would go nuts with anything she does not desire one the walls! She went nuts over the Kefs, but that was 20 years ago and she has calmed down now, LOL :)
  11. A

Anthem STR pre-amp

Many thanks, I think you hit the nail on the head with 'will I like' .. but based on what you describe provides the reassurance I am not about to make a big mistake and end up 'down grading' for more cost. Thanks
  12. A

Anthem STR pre-amp

Arrh, I see. I plan to keep the SOTM setup and feed the DAC from that. With regard to 'Good enough' I am after clarity in sound, like I have now with the Mytek, which I like ... I would be selling this, to pay towards the STR Preamp. I guess what I should consider if the STR can be a Roon...
  13. A

Anthem STR pre-amp

Would anybody have an experience of the following ... For setup reasons I am thinking replacing my MyTek Broklyn DAC+ with an Anthem STR preamp(I am after HT bypass), Would the Anthem STR Preamp's DAC be as good or even better than the MyTek? Many thanks
  14. A

Arcam AV40 AV Processor Review

AVForums have one to test, but no measurement ... See their Podcast
Top Bottom