Search results

1. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

Sure no problem at all, and you are right about the advantage of just keeping it on one Input and splitting at the output. You'll always have audio on standby with out messing with inputs. Turn on L30 amp, boom sound, turn on HDR185, boom sound, turn them both on, boom and boom. Don't forget to...
  2. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

If you get the E30 you have multiple options and that's a good thing. You can run straight USB from the mini-pc and bypass the tv altogether and play music straight from PC to E30 DAC to L30 and you can keep your wireless system hooked to the toslink out of the tv. You can also either run the...
  3. M

Leave Amplifier On?

This sounds like an advice from someone who wants you to replace your equipment more frequently...hmmmmmm
  4. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

What TV? I can't imagine why the E30/L30 stack would not be considerably better than the built-in setup in the TV. I also have the HD600s and they're a tough headset to drive. At 70% volume, would you consider that loud on your TV? That seems a bit high and no one knows what kind of distortion...
  5. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

I just got my E30 from Amazon from seller Shenzhen Audio and serial starts with 2008. I am replacing my prior DAC Topping D10. It kicked the bucked on me due to AMP kicking the bucket and sending high v/current back into the RCA. Now only was I pissed off that my AMP died but it had double...
  6. M

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 DAC

I got the E30 DAC today. Maybe I was used to the sound of the D10 but I feel the D10 was slightly "warmer". The E30 definitely sounds more cleaner and "crisper" in the upper range. The D10 also had hundred of hours of use and I think I may just have gotten used to the sound of it. I'm sure I'll...
  7. M

Thank you everyone who responded to my question. You have all been great help. I think you are correct. I've taken off the transistor and removed the opamp and yet no detection by the computer. I also measured some voltage around the board (The board has test points with #V at the test...
  8. M

Thanks, I'm really considering just getting another DAC and not bother with it. Thank you very much. For couple dollars, I guess I will give it a go. In your expertise, would this and the OMRON relay cause the DAC to not be detected by the computer at all? I'm not an engineer but I'm not...
  9. M

I've got the equipment and the skill to do SMD work. Parts likely under $10. My concern is that why would a transistor on the output stop the computer from seeing the DAC altogether, unless it's gone into some sort of safety measure. It would be a $10 gamble I guess but would save me from...
  10. M

I'm not sure what happened by my Topping D10 kicked the bucket along with my Amp. I think the amp went first and may have sent excessive Voltage back through the audio cables (RCA)? There was definitely the burnt electronic smell in the plugs (RCA). Upon review of the board, it appears that the...
Top Bottom