Search results

1. D

Emotiva XMC-2 AVP Review (Sample 2)

Who knows. Rock your Denon and enjoy.
  2. D

I’m pretty confident in my assessment. Marantz is known for a specific sound signature which I found to be accurate description. I guess it a bit warm. Emotiva just seemed have clearer highs with a bit of that perceived sparkle. Honestly never knew what that meant until switching. Anyway...
  3. D

It is your cheapest way in to a 16 channel Dirac processor but it does have issues. Emotiva cut the price bc they are planning to release their plus models in the summer which is suppose to add a bunch of features: hdmi 2.1, DLBC, imax enhanced. The current units can be sent in for an upgrade...
  4. D

I had one of these for about 5 months and I was back and forth on whether to keep it or not. There were a few annoying functionality issues that was the main factor in my consideration. However, ultimately I started to think that if there are all these issues I am aware of then there has to be...
  5. D

Arendal 1723 Monitor, recommendations for power amplifier?

I’ve really enjoyed my pairing with Hypex Ncore amplifiers, but it’s mostly for home theater purposes. Prior to that I used a Monolith amplifier.
  6. D

Crown XLS1002 Pro Amplifier Review

There’s an easy method I had stumbled on. Grab a coarse screw like a drywall screw, insert, twist lightly, then pull.
  7. D

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

Yep, that’s what I was asking. I’ll just sum it at the subs then. I was just doing it this way to snake less cables to the subs. But It’s completely doable to run separate L&R signals to it. I basically have two DACs for two different systems in the same room. Neither DAC has a sub-out. So...
  8. D

I did try a miniDSP at first, but I found it worked better through an analog RCA switch. It works as I currently have it rigged, but to simplify the cabling I combine the L&R outputs with a splitter into the RCA switch. I could get rid of the splitters and just run more cables, but I wasnt...
  9. D

Great thanks. It has stereo line level inputs, but that reminds of another question I have. Is there a difference between combining L&R through a splitter into LFE in, and using the stereo inputs? I’m currently using option B due to a semi-complex setup with 2 systems sharing a subwoofer...
  10. D

Are there any issues using the XLR outs for the speaker amp and using the RCA outs for the subwoofer? I know there will be some level matching but seems like it will be a simpler way to connect everything rather than using splitters.
  11. D

Crown XLS1002 Pro Amplifier Review

You’ll need another device to do EQ and delay. I used a MiniDSP when I used XLS amps for subwoofers. The Behringer DSP amps do have those features built in if you haven’t considered those yet.
  12. D

Crown XLS vs. Hypex Ncore/ucd

thanks. I ultimately decided the crowns weren’t doing the job and switched to some Chinese pro amps to try and get more power.
  13. D

ARX RS-1 XLR AB Switcher Review

I was close to getting one of these until I realized that its the reverse of what I needed. Is it possible to run it in reverse? Connect two outputs to the inputs and one input to the output. Obviously would have use gender changing adapters or more likely a DIY cable, but no idea if that...
  14. D

Crown XLS vs. Hypex Ncore/ucd

I’ve got two Stereo Integrity HST-18’s in ported boxes with two more on the way. I havnt been able to land on amps that I’m totally content with. I started with a clone amp, the FP20000Q, but it was too loud and generated too much heat. So I sold it and fell back on Crown XLS-2502 amps. My...
  15. D

Crown XLS2502 Stereo Amplifier Review

Problem solved. Watched Batman Begins and half the Dark Knight and the room stayed at a comfortable temperature the entire time. Much better experience. Thanks for the help!
  16. D

It’s possible but adding another one is a bit of a gamble. I already picked up the crowns and installed them so will do some testing this weekend to see what difference it makes. Only issue now is that I’m pretty sure one of the amps was a open box return. Ive got nothing against open box...
  17. D

Nice. I have a sidelined 1002 that was using for different things for a while and don’t ever remember hearing the fan or seeing it come on. But with my rack location I can have some fan noise and not hear it so thats less of a concern for me. It was just the heat off my clone amp was insane...
  18. D

Yea, with the clones i liked the idea of 4 channels in one chassis and I thought they were pretty cool amps. I knew about the noise they made with the fans but I didn’t expect this issue with the heat to be a problem. I think I’m going to pickup the crowns today
  19. D

I was hoping you the stereo integrity’s. My clone amp doesn’t even register with the lights on the front panel so I’m barely using any of its power. So the crown should also be more than enough. I wanted a one box solution for my current 2 subs and future plans for 2 more, but it’s not worth...
Top Bottom