Search results

1. skaveesh

Yamah RX-V585 presence speakers loud distorted sound issue

Apparently, It was due to Presence speakers DAC IC was burned, according to the technician. They have replaced it. I don't know what happened to this industry, using cheap parts can't even hold for 2 months. Back in the day, it was better; like my 45 years old Technics Stereo is working to date.
  2. skaveesh

Yamah RX-V585 presence speakers loud distorted sound issue

Hi All, When I got the receiver there were no issues with this unit until today, that I discovered overhead (presence) speakers are making a very loud distorted noise along with the audio. I was about about to watch a Atmos movie today when I first found this issue. Week ago I watched Atmos...
  3. skaveesh

Is BurrBrown DAC comes with Yamaha Receiver Any Good?

Yeah Premium Receivers comes with premium price. I would like a Aventage too. but...... :(:(
  4. skaveesh

I have brought vintage stereo amplifier which is made 45years ago. no issues on that, buying used ones. but when it comes to AV receivers I've a concern buying used ones because more functionalities means more issues :(
  5. skaveesh

Thank you for the nice explanation. And yes, I'm willing to do more on the room correction with acoustic treatments. Thanks again
  6. skaveesh

I need to study on what you have mentioned here; crosstalk, IMD distortion etc. Thank you for the reply.
  7. skaveesh

Thank you for the reply. Then I'm gonna stick with this AVR's DAC for a while thank you for the reply. of course it doesn't if it can't be heard :) Thank you for the reply. It's great to hear that v series also cable of good output Thank you for the reply. I will use this AVR for music and...
  8. skaveesh

Thank you for the response. what does it meant to be transparent in this context? Thank you for the response. My current DAC is not a very good one. So I'll get this AVR and use it with HDMI, so it'll use it's inbuilt DAC
  9. skaveesh

I was wondering about that coax and optical inputs. thanks for the clarification
  10. skaveesh

I want better music listening experience with a home theater setup for movie watching. Actually I'm overthinking this DAC thing. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Currently I'm using my laptop inbuilt DAC to listen to music. (I think laptop DAC is a garbage). I think it's better to get this AVR receiver...
  11. skaveesh

Thanks for the reply. what is the best way to use a external DAC? is it okay if I use it with just an Amplifier because I have Technics SU-3150? ( DAC --> Amplifier --> Speakers) thanks for the suggestion. but Aventage is way beyond my current budget :(
  12. skaveesh

Thank you.. I will be getting Schiit modi 3. but I will get this Receiver first. then only consider whether to get a modi. (when this pandemic is over. because i live outside the US) Thank you for providing this review. I will look into it.
  13. skaveesh

Thanks for the reply. It has this feature - direct playback. if I enable this it will disable internal DAC? Enjoying pure high fidelity sound (direct playback) When DIRECT is pressed and the direct playback mode is enabled, the unit plays back the selected source with the least circuitry. It...
  14. skaveesh

Thanks. then I have to get a Modi too in the future. Thanks for the reply. If I use a external DAC with this receiver RCA inputs, this receiver will not use it's internal DAC, right (for music only)?
  15. skaveesh

I would accept anything better that comes my way, because I've never had a great listening experience. Thank you for the reply. anyway I'll listen before purchasing
  16. skaveesh

Hi All, Sorry if this is the not the right place to ask this question. I'm going to buy Yamaha RX-V585 (7.2 Atmos receiver, made in Malaysia). It includes a BurrBrown DAC. I couldn't find any technical model details on it other than ->> Burr-Brown 384 kHz / 32-bit DAC x 4. Does anyone know if...
Top Bottom