Search results

1. S

Low volume produced by Amazon Music App on Amazon Fire TV Stick

I've come across the worst Atmos album yet for volume: Daft Punk 10th Ann RAM... I have to peg my receiver at MAX (75) and its still can't play at a resptectable (not ear-splitting) level. Its crazy. Why is this so broken?!?
  2. S

New Sony ES 8K AV Receiver Line STR-AZ7000ES STR-AZ5000ES STR-AZ3000ES STR-AZ1000ES

I have the AN1000 receiver. Sony's Audio Enhancer is my favorite feature. It turns regular main speakers into a huge front wall of sound. It utilizes Front Heights, but not any surround speakers. 360SSM is nice (more immersive) on most movie/tv soundtracks, but it sometimes makes 5.1ch music...
  3. S

New Sony ES 8K AV Receiver Line STR-AZ7000ES STR-AZ5000ES STR-AZ3000ES STR-AZ1000ES

I have the AN1000 and a 5.1.2 configuration. I use my Sony A80j TV in center mode with it. The feature works OK. It basically routes lower midrange to the center channel and upper to the TV. I'm new to Atmos and have set up Front heights on my front wall at ceiling level. Pink Floyd DSotM...
  4. S

Topping L30 vs A50s

I agree mostly. Its still a $180 price delta. If a person never will exceed the unbal output, what's the point of paying more? That's rhetorical 1. If you don't want to use an adapter 2. If you might buy truly power hungry headphones one day 3. If you prefer the aesthetics 4. If the...
  5. S

Topping L30 vs A50s

I agree with this but would also add that even if you have balanced wires, you should also look at how much power your headphones need. The 50 stack will likely still be overkill. You could always use a proper 3.5 unbal to 2.5 bal adapter for the wires. If the price difference doesn't affect...
  6. S

Topping A50s Headphone Amplifier Review

I received my A50s from Apos today. I have a D50. At the moment its way more powerful than I need. I've been using a Peachtree decco2 to drive my desktop speakers but its also been my lone headphone amp. It has occasional ground loop noise and will 'pop' when turned off. I've learned to...
  7. S

Topping A50s Headphone Amplifier Review

Its definitely 'beauty in the eye'. I agree on the Soncoz and Matrix. Some look OK. Others though...well not so much. I also agree that SMSL is mostly off. Their D1 looks decent though. I don't particularly care for the Lumin designs. Maybe its the recessed displays that bother me. I...
  8. S

Topping L30 vs A50s

I ordered an A50s because: 1. My current headphone amp is a Peachtree Decco2 (which I also use for desktop speakers). Its very old and likes to 'pop' when turned off. It also has groundloop noise which I haven't been able to get rid of completely. 2. I don't know if I'll be able to tell an...
  9. S

Some subjective thoughts about Hiby MSEB

You're probably right. So any idea what kind of DSP they are using?
  10. S

Some subjective thoughts about Hiby MSEB

Does anyone know what MSEB is actually doing. Hiby states: 'MSEB (Mage Sound 8-ball Tuning) based on parametric equalizer (PEQ) and sound filed adjustment' What does 'sound filed' mean?
Top Bottom