Search results

1. kencreten

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

I'm not saying they measure horribly, necessarily, because I don't know their response, distortion, efficiency, etc. I'm saying whatever their performance, the same response characteristics can be had in a much simpler way.
  2. kencreten

I hate lying. This is clear evidence that either the poster or company is bat .... crazy, or they are liars.
  3. kencreten

This speaker is a monstrosity to me. So many company's can produced near perfect speakers with many less components. From a component count alone... this is not justified. Point.
  4. kencreten

What gap? Describe the gap. Prove the gap. Is it your limited human hearing? Do you disagree that we can measure sound accurately down to the noise floor? Tell me the science that proves your point. Audio is a low frequency phenomena. We understand audio. We also understand very high frequency...
  5. kencreten

AudioQuest NRG-X3 Review (AC Power Cord)

That all you got? Do you have anything relevant to the discussion? Or are you just a troll?
  6. kencreten

Wrong? You're not addressing what's wrong in what you say, and I already agreed with you on that word. What's wrong with what you say about audio, is that you have presented arguments for which you have no evidence. If you want to argue with my positions, argue with demonstrable data based on...
  7. kencreten

It's... it's a mystery! heheh. I got rid of all those $10,000 Nordost RCA cables and replaced them with cheap cables from Joe's Electronics, and everything sounds so much BETTER! heheh Always an improvement with expense....
  8. kencreten

I'm not "into Hi-Fi." I'm interested in audio in general. Not just "Hi-Fi." Right, audiophool is a word that is subjective term used by a small number of people. So what? At least I'm not making audio claims with no data, and a religious belief in the power of my demonstrably flawed human...
  9. kencreten

What about... cedar overtones? heheh
  10. kencreten

You're talking in the wind here, so I hope you'll stop soon. When you have data for your claims, come on back.
  11. kencreten

Go away. This is the territory of weak arguments, when someone starts putting people down. Get your ass out of here as far as I'm concerned. If you can't defend your audio claims, with something other than insults, you already lost. You'll find many sympathetic ears in audiophile forums, and get...
  12. kencreten

Audiophile is not a term that is respected here as "someone who knows." Usually someone saying "I'm an audiophile" tells everyone here, that they don't understand how they cannot trust their own perceptions, scientifically. When someone says, "I'm an audiophile," the term in my head that pops up...
  13. kencreten

No I do not believe you have "done all the testing." You speak as though you know - and my guess is this is about how far it actually goes. What's your actual data? Length of time, old ears, friends that agree, and the concept of "familiarity?" That's why you say you do not have bias? What you...
  14. kencreten

Your missing what I'm saying with "magic." You believe your perceptions. Your perceptions are flawed in very specific ways, and yet, apparently, you are using these flawed systems you have, to "measure the performance of cable," and have come to believe what you think based on those perceptions...
  15. kencreten

BUT MAGIC. MAGIC!!! fucking magic.
  16. kencreten

Unless you're doing double blind testing, this opinion that, "there's a bunch of people who think this," is not helpful." Who cares? There are billions of people who believe that their religious person went to Heaven on a winged horse. Does that make more likely to have actually happened? Who...
  17. kencreten

PrimaLuna Dialogue Three Preamp Review

Equal Loudness Curves, and comb filtering are enough to account for almost all subject listening "problems." Human hearing systems, which are scientifically shown to be inaccurate, in more ways than mechanical, are weak. Human hearing systems provide the kind of noise in the data that science...
  18. kencreten

PrimaLuna Dialogue Three Preamp Review

I see no reason why I would use this over some of the cheapest Class D amps available today. Maybe as a room heater.
Top Bottom