Search results

1. vhild§

Do you have Spotify lossless in your country?

You really need to be inside the Apple ecosystem for it to work perfectly, I guess. My sole music source is an iPhone and the Apple Music app streaming to Apple TV or an external dac. Haven’t touched iTunes for a decade.
  2. vhild§

Not really. I bought an old Apple TV box with optical out and streaming through it is smooth, while not bit-perfect. For serious listening, I plug my iPhone to an external dac and use headphones.
  3. vhild§

I ditched Spotify for Apple.
  4. vhild§

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

I´m so pissed I just ordered a used Apple TV (3.gen with optical out), will cancel Spotify, and stream Apple Music via it, albeit with added difficulty.
  5. vhild§

AKG K712 Pro Review (Headphone)

^^Indeed, spot on. I find their (712) more forgiving nature suitable for rock/pop for just those reasons.
  6. vhild§

I certainly find 712 a lot bassier than 702.
  7. vhild§

701 is incredibly airy, bit mellow and honeyish, just beautiful. 702 very analytical, bit tighter and drier.
  8. vhild§

I just plug them in :-)
  9. vhild§

I have 701, 702 and 712 and I love them all. Each one has different attributes to them that are suited to different types of music. 701/2 for classical/jazz, 712 for rock/pop.
  10. vhild§

Designing headphone EQ with VituixCAD

"Vituix" = In Finnish "Fucked", and judging by the domain the designer is a Finn. :) Carry on.
  11. vhild§

New measurements for Beyerdynamic 700 and 900 Pro X

What I’ve read about the fit, the clamping force on these seems to be quite hard, more than with 770s, which gave me headache. I believe the band is still constructed of steel so it can be bent and adjusted safely?
  12. vhild§

Project Pre Box S2 DAC & Headphone Amp Review

Using iPhone charger at the moment - can’t hear any hiss etc. Topping LPS just looks so cool it MUST sound great :-D
  13. vhild§

I bought the Head Box S2 Digital, which I believe is quite close to the Pre Box in performance. This I feed at 0db to Pro Ject Head Box S2 which gives me more power. It sounds great, I’ll stop worrying. …or perhaps add Topping linear power supply…
  14. vhild§

So the distortion we see with headphone output affects rca-out too?
  15. vhild§

If the headphone out is not good near max volume, does this apply also to the rca-out? Are these outputs married in some way?
  16. vhild§

Apple lossless official announcement

Eureka! I pumped up the volume on my iPhone and presto! Pro-Ject Head Box S2 Digital now works with iPhone and Apple Music. Thanks!
  17. vhild§

UAPP doesn´t support Apple, only Tidal & Qobuz.
  18. vhild§

As far as I know, it’s impossible at the moment. Tidal has found a way around the Android resampler, but I doubt Apple has the energy to do the same.
  19. vhild§

So Android app now has all the same bells and whistles as the iOS version: Lossless, hi-res and Atmos. The only and major trouble is Android’s internal sampling, which basically prevents getting bit perfect hi-res out of Android.
  20. vhild§

I removed the downloads and streamed samples from the B-side. The gaps were gone. Weird.
Top Bottom