Search results

1. J

What kind of evidence is sufficient?

People are often complaining that evidence for the so-called questionable "audiophile" effects is missing - complaining mainly because their personal belief is different - but statements about when evidence would be considered as sufficient are rare/non existent. Laplace already wrote in the...
  2. J

Some information/comparisons/clarification wrt vinyl and Redbook CD

In another thread i´ve mentioned that the system dynamics figure of a 16 bit / 44.1 kHz (aka Redbook CD, i´ll use the RBCD from here) system would be around 55 - 60 dB and that surprisingly that number would be achieveable with the old vinyl system if best possible practice was followed. For...
  3. J

Correction

In another thread (unfortunately closed now) i mentioned a couple of months ago that Dave Moulton reported that some listeners even had problems to detect/identify difference in level of 6dB. My recollection was faulty (thanks to a member of another forum) Moulton was writing about a 3dB...
  4. J

Loudspeakers feat. cardiodic directivity in the bass region

While Bruno´s Ki´s are the somewhat modern implementation, we should not forget that a manufacturer like Geithain did something similar passively (although being active speakers) in a convincing manner for nearly 20 years, see for example...
  5. J

Consumer evaluation strategies personal evaluation or relying on external evidence

In the "uptone thread" a post from Thomas Savage: emphasized the fallibility of subjective listening conclusions and concluded that without some evidence for a benefit it would be better to avoid any evaluation. Which raises the interesting question what a customer should do. Let´s assume...
Top Bottom