Search results

1. bo_knows

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

I don't see multiple subwoofers all over the floor. o_O
  2. bo_knows

Has anybody heard the new KEF KF92 sub? What are your opinions?

This "When neighbors in houses next door complain about the earthquake shockwave?" I was walking with my family one evening around the neighborhood and I heard this low-frequency rumble from the sub(s) across the street and almost a block away! I live in an upscale neighborhood with large...
  3. bo_knows

A Sonos One (Gen 2) sounds deeper, better and more punchy than my KEF R11

You need a professional acoustician to provide the answer to your question. I could tell you this much, your speaker in the right room with the correct bass treatments will have a tremendous kick. Guaranteed 100%. The restaurant/coffee shop is probably way larger space than your space which...
  4. bo_knows

KEF KC92 and Kube MIE subwoofers

Not sure if the original KF92 had this P-Flex surround. I don't think so but not 100% sure.
  5. bo_knows

Has anybody heard the new KEF KF92 sub? What are your opinions?

Hi JimA84, Take a look at my post #96 and you will see that the KEF KF92 subwoofer goes down flat to 15Hz and it's not sitting on the floor but on the isolation platform. My floor is the engineering wood glued to the concrete foundation. I'm not sure how accurate the umik-2 microphone is but I...
  6. bo_knows

Denon AVR-A1H

I will make an assumption, that there is no dedicated headphone amp in these AVRs. The output you will hear on the headphones will be coming from the output transistors (minus the resistors and another electronic component in the headphone circuit). All you doing is trying to swap your...
  7. bo_knows

Denon AVR-A1H

Plug the headphones and without any input connected, turn the volume up. How bad is this hiss/noise? After that, do the same test with the older AVR and compare. If the nose of A1H is way louder, I would assume something inside got loose during the shipping.
  8. bo_knows

Denon AVR-A1H

"when it is on, I can hear the 2 front speakers + center hissing if I put my ear within 12 inches from the tweeter. The hiss seems constant level with volume set from 0-80 or so." If this is coming from the AVR transistors (which I assume it does), then hiss should get louder as you turn the...
  9. bo_knows

Used Kef Reference 3 Meta with reduced warranty

No, their anechoic chamber is only accurate till 100Hz or so.
  10. bo_knows

Yes, that is the info I was looking for. Thank you for answering.
  11. bo_knows

Out of curiosity, if I may ask, at what frequency do you cut off the DSP? Also, do you ever listen to music in the pure direct mode?
  12. bo_knows

Purifi 3-Channel Amp has introduced radio Interference

Hmmm. Ok, thanks. I guess I'm missing out.
  13. bo_knows

Purifi 3-Channel Amp has introduced radio Interference

If you don't mind asking me, is the sound better using the external Class D amps vs internal Denon amps? I have the same AVR and just wondering.
  14. bo_knows

Arcam power amplifiers

Gene at Audioholics just tested the Arcam Radia A25 integrated amplifier and he was impressed. He measured 100dB SINAD below 80 Watts. He also pointed out that switching from low to high rail is pretty much under control.
  15. bo_knows

Arcam power amplifiers

No... I would love to see Amir review this amp (PA240) for two reasons. 1) The high gain setting is the same as the Denon internal amplifiers or very close to it. 2) The power supply has an option to work on 120~220V.
  16. bo_knows

Mid-to-high end receivers without cooling fans?

Hi Jonfitch, I have Denon 8500H and I never heard the internal fans. I mean never, and I have had a unit for over 4 years. If they ever kicked in, they were dead silent. My room ambient noise measures 33dB C-weighted and 27 A-weighted. Just saying...
  17. bo_knows

KEF Reference 4C Review (Center Speaker)

KEF ref 2 meta uses the same uni-q as Blade 2 meta. Just saying...
  18. bo_knows

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

IMHO, we had a long-running thread about treating the first point reflection on the side walls when using coaxial speakers (Genelec and KEF), and Amir's (backed up by science) recommendation was that this is not needed. I took his advice and removed all absorbing panels on my first reflection...
  19. bo_knows

Sigberg Audio: Building a "design" subwoofer that actually sounds good

Money, money, money must be funny in the rich man's world ;)
  20. bo_knows

Denon AVR-X8500H AVR Review

I would go for it. For me, that would be an end-game piece.
Top Bottom