Search results

1. T

Willsenton R8

Anybody here own one? Any comments on it?
  2. T

DIY Holton amplifier builds underpowered and distorted

Well, that's where my argument falls to the ground. You win.
  3. T

Yes, wanting communication is understandable and fair enough - no argument from me. OTH a little perspective wouldn't go astray here. I'd like a haircut. I haven't been able to do that for 4 months - today I can. The melbourne hard lockdown has meant that apart from essential services most...
  4. T

less than 2 months for the repair of an old and discontinued amp. Is that so bad? actually we don’t know how long he’s had it, but seems 6 or 7 weeks is more likely. Not a great repair turnaround but hardly demands legal proceedings. Getting anything done for the past few months in Victoria with...
  5. T

Yes, sure, hyperbole needs to be challenged but I don’t see a lot of that heavy handed marketing or extravagant claims from Elektra. I have the old Elektra and it does exactly what it says on the tin, and very well.
  6. T

Elektra isn’t a DIY backyard operation. They are a well established part of the Australian market making very highly regarded amps and an excellent reputation with their users. In my experience their back up and support is personal and very good. I bought a 15 year old Elektra pre from ebay...
  7. T

March Audio P701 Mono Block Power Amp

Alan, thanks a lot for the quick reply. One of my concerns with my B&Ws is that they can get a bit hot in the treble, especially with horns. I liked the NC400 precisely because it took off the hard edge and improved the treble compared to my current SS amp. The B&Ws are rated at 8ohms but dip...
  8. T

March Audio P701 Mono Block Power Amp

I have B&W 805 d3 and will be buying a new power amp shortly. My system is in a relatively small dedicated music room - 5x4 sq metres. I was very impressed recently when I borrowed a DIY Ncore 400 dual mono amp. It has made me reconsider Class D and a pair of your monos are definitely on my...
Top Bottom