Search results

1. O

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

Not sure what you're trying to get at here. More bass sources has always been the answer to smoother bass response and lower bass distortion. A $$$$ serious system that uses a $$$$ ART capable receiver is probably going to have enough headroom to take advantage of ART. Will the system eat...
  2. O

What makes big speakers sound "big"and smaller ones sound "small"?

I rather think that his video is inspired by Amir's Polk ES60 review:
  3. O

Do I really need a sub? (including REW measurements)

Sad to say, but at 60db, even if you had subwoofers that went down to 10hz, you probably couldn't hear it much. I don't know the exact research on it, but this graph suggests that you need to get to about 80db to hear 20hz.
  4. O

New Lineup of Emotiva Speakers

Basic bookshelf is now $500 and near impossible for the centers to have good horizontal dispersion, it's a sad day.
  5. O

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Speaker Review

@amirm, I'm with Kevin here, the orange graph does seem to more closely resemble your original measurements. The Linton grill had, I believe, smooth bevels hidden by the grill cloth that helped smooth out the diffraction, so I think we're all wondering if that's also the case here.
  6. O

Looking for a 3rd option for 8" stand mount passive speakers (~$1500 us retail with stands)

I like his videos, he's a great speaker and presenter, but I wouldn't call him an influencer - he's a dealer.
  7. O

Looking for a 3rd option for 8" stand mount passive speakers (~$1500 us retail with stands)

I thought I would prefer the Ascend 2EX but ended up preferring the LX by a wide margin. The LX sounded large in Ascend's demo room.
  8. O

Bass Shaker in riser/platform

The avsforum guys put their platforms on bicycle inner tubes so the exciters will move the entire platform.
  9. O

SVS Ultra Evolution

I don't care about the angling, I'm interested in the implementation of the rear firing woofers on the towers. Would love if it allowed close placement to the front wall and could fill the front wall SBIR. I'm also not convinced a waveguide is needed for high fidelity. For example, I see no...
  10. O

Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1 V2 - Review & Measurements by Erin

Expanding the soundstage width by increasing lateral reflections may very well come at the cost of center imaging focus. That's a trade-off you might need to decide for yourself.
  11. O

Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1 V2 - Review & Measurements by Erin

I would play with getting the speakers closer to the side walls. Earlier/louder lateral reflections should increase apparent source width.
  12. O

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

I use the lowest or next to lowest possible volume level on my ipad, and I sometimes wish I could go lower.
  13. O

What sub... I know its been asked before

When I see the white, the first subs that come to mind are from Arendal. Not sure if any will fit.
  14. O

MMM approach and a new calibration app (magic beans)

I think part of what's interesting here is the hypothesis that, if I've got this right, that the NF MMM, which includes diffraction/reflections from nearby surfaces, should be flattened. That seems to be what's really setting the MB method apart from what other correction schemes do, since none...
  15. O

Creating bass weight and impact?

The frequency range doesn't seem out of the ordinary:
  16. O

Lack of 2.1 support is grinding my gears

It would be, but if this market were bigger, it should be even cheaper since 2.1 users don't need all the extra hardware.
  17. O

Lack of 2.1 support is grinding my gears

The market has 2 major segments, 2ch and multich. The only segment that I know of that really does 2.1 is the pc desktop segment. There just doesn't seem to be a whole lot of us cobbling together a serious 2.1 system.
Top Bottom