Search results

1. T

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

Glad you figured it out! I didn't pay for the app and don't know if the x2500h has it, but turning on DYNAMIC EQ has made a world of difference while watching Umbrella Academy on Netflix. It dealt with some sibilance I was getting from the center channel as well
  2. T

That's great! I might have to try that. I have dynamic EQ off too, and also find myself turning the volume up to 70 - 85% for movies, but listening to music at around 40 - 66% volume. The bookshelf center should also make a difference for clarity of dialogue, and overall coherency of the...
  3. T

No I don't, but the sensitivity is 86db @ 2.83v/1m for the bookshelves vs 87db for the floorstanders. It's not a significant difference, even if you're running 4 of them (how loud do you need your explosions, really?). The AVR-X3600H also has a bit more wattage to play with, and you'll be...
  4. T

Likely, yes, depending on how you qualify adequately. I've been told any system can benefit from more power, with the DRB62s more so than most to 'come alive' according to people. I have no issues running a 5.1 system consisting of Elac Reference DFR52s, Elac Reference DCR52, and Elac B6s for...
  5. T

Yeah, I try to be. I tend to take opinions with a grain of salt, but absent any other data points (plus my laziness to utilize 30 day money back policies to audition speakers and lack of expertise in measuring speakers myself), will aggregate reviews and try to get a sense of their methodology...
  6. T

Never thought of it that way, but makes sense. He doesn't even try to delineate whether they're the 'best' or not, and appears to give a pretty honest review, and backs up his impressions with measurements, as well as another video where he records his impressions listening to test tracks...
  7. T

Hah. I am personally amused by the esoteric usage of WAF in the community if it's tongue-in-cheek, but you're right, men should consider talking as if there are more than just guys around if they ever want the hobby to be inclusive. I'm a queer woman who's married to a woman, and honestly it was...
Top Bottom