Search results

1. V

HiBy R6 Pro Portable Music Player Review

Well the comical thing is that they are like someone releasing a Lexitron 10 years after PCs and WordPerfect became ubiquitous.
  2. V

Review and Measurements of KORG NuTube HA-KIT Headphone Amp

I've heard of this being used in guitar pedals and that seems like a better use of its tube-like characteristics.
  3. V

Review and Measurements of CHORD Qutest DAC

Has Amir posted the SINAD for ADI-2 DAC (or I guess the Pro which he has now)?
  4. V

Review and Measurements of Nobsound NS-DAC3 Pro DAC & Amp

audiophile silliness summed up in two sentences.
  5. V

I guess my point is that for people who don't wanna throw down serious cash like I did, why should "pure performance" trump feature set, when the performance failings are inaudible. Don't get me wrong, I love this site and seeing these measurements, but it's mostly because so many companies do...
  6. V

What is a better performing piece of gear at a lower price with the same feature set? I've certainly never seen a credible experiment showing that it's possible to distinguish two DACs, when one isn't horrifically malfunctioning. So my attitude has always been that the feature set is the number...
  7. V

Honest question: Are the distortions you've measured audible? If so, then obviously throw it in the trash. If not, then why disregard "features a mile long" in favor of something you can't use or appreciate?
  8. V

Schiit Saga Grounding and Hum Issues?

When my Jotunheim stopped turning on after ONE MONTH, they forced me to pay shipping at my expense to have it repaired. In total it took one month. Part of the delay was because their support form emailer script was broken on their site. When I said this, they (Jason) basically called me a liar...
  9. V

Review and Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC

Ah, that'll do it. Thanks! Other than that and the driver funkiness, it's great so far. Hardware crossfeed is a lifesaver for old jazz recordings.
  10. V

Review and Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC

I just picked this up and the only complaint I have so far is that the power adapter kind of fits loosely in the socket on the back, to the point that moving the device around a bit can sometimes reset it. Have you encountered this?
Top Bottom