1. P

Aune "Flamingo" Tube DAC

no, they measure flat just like almost all other DACs
  2. P

Aune "Flamingo" Tube DAC

If you say so I guess
  3. P

Aune "Flamingo" Tube DAC

I don't like the way they sound, I get that "ESS Glare" from them. Very harsh to my ears
  4. P

DSD, I2S and the pin 15 dilemma

This is ASR, statements like this will totally go over everyone's heads and they'll tell you you just need a good measuring ESS topping DAC and call it a day unfortunately, wrong forum for this kind of discussion for what it's worth, I 100% believe you
  5. P

SMSL D400EX DAC Review

any chance of measuring the different "sound color" modes? I prefer mode 3 but have no idea why
  6. P

SMSL SU10 vs SMSL D400ES [mornsun ?]

D400EX is good stuff my personal opinion is to use sound color mode 3 and set the output to only balanced or only RCA instead of both
  7. P

SMSL D400ES and SMSL D400Ex

1.5 Mhz for HQPlayer, 44.1 or 48khz for Windows, Youtube, and games
  8. P

Aune "Flamingo" Tube DAC

well that all sounds awful, thanks for the review
  9. P

Aune "Flamingo" Tube DAC

am I blind or does it not say what DAC it uses? I'm guessing ESS, which would be a no from me...
  10. P

All Aboard the FiiO K9 Pro Hype Train

give up, haven't you realized yet that this forum is a cult?
  11. P

ADAM Audio A series 2022

I just unboxed my A7V, and there is definitely a hiss on the tweeter. Very disappointed and might look to return them
  12. P

Can a DAC improve soundstage, depth, separation?

the only way to be sure is to borrow a few and put them in your system, then sit back and listen
  13. P

DAC Noise Modulation: Chord DAVE vs Topping DX7 Pro+

well he sure did a awesome job making a DAC/Amp that sounds great with planar headphones run from the XLR taps on high gain, that's all I can say about it why don't you set it to high gain, plug your Stealths into the back and try not to smile while listening
  14. P

DAC Noise Modulation: Chord DAVE vs Topping DX7 Pro+

I barely even know who this Rob guy is so don't drag me into this fight I'm quite, extremely, *very* happy with the TT2 when paired with the Meze Elites using the XLR taps. For the Meze Elites, it's the best I've heard them sound by a wide margin When using the TT2 as a standalone DAC running...
  15. P

CHORD Hugo TT2 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

I have three DACs sitting on my desk at this very moment each one sounds very different from each other If you were here listening, you'd agree, but you're not, so I guess just... don't believe me?
  16. P

The few times I've posted here, I found the exact same - it's like a cult that tell themselves all DACs sound the same to rationalize... something, I don't know what
  17. P

oh right, I always forget you guys here think all DACs sound the same. Carry on
  18. P

why? because this combo just sounds the best. It's sharp and clear without being fatiguing, has the nice chord sound, and tons of power so dynamics are insane
  19. P

I have dozens of amps and DACs, and the XLR taps on the Chord TT2 are by far and away my favorite source to drive Meze Elites - it's no comparison to anything else for this headphone
  20. P

Computer noise through system and RME ADI-2 Pro Questions

that's one of the reasons I sold the RME ADI-2, it's not galvanically isolated and lets tons of computer noise in via USB
Top Bottom