Search results

1. E

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

I've exchanged emails with MiniDSP in the past. Very speedy (add time for time zone differences) and super helpful.
  2. E

Yeah, they're a bit pricey, a bit shy of getting another 805 speaker... but well worth it! If you look at the rest of the 800-series speakers, you don't see ones with 8" woofers (the DB3D has 2 of them) until you get to the 802.
  3. E

For me the sub was a night & day difference. The 805s are great, but they felt a bit lacking in the low end - I felt like my music was missing something and put them high on my wish list. The sub fills in the missing low end and also increased the sound stage. Music felt "bigger"/more...
  4. E

Didn’t you know? Having a printer nearby increases bass detail and puts “sparkle” into the music while absorbing the “bad” harmonics! ;-) For the speaker placement, I consulted with GIK and their recommendation was “good distance or no distance”, but not in between. Read a bunch of articles...
  5. E

Room treatment need not look bad, but I wouldn't want to put it in my living room! ha ha My stereo system is in my office. The room treatment is effective and looks pretty cool. Bought my stuff from GIK Acoustics. Looks even better in person.
  6. E

Ah, another decision while measuring is mic pointed up (use the 90 degree profile for this) or pointed straight. Tried both and liked the latter, but read some people prefer the former. Former had a bigger stage, but seemed much less detailed to me. For me, the Harmon curve pushed the vocals...
  7. E

i think he was unlucky with the plug-in. Most people are using it without issue. I was lucky and was grandfathered into the native uncertified Roon support. Eventually they’ll be certified and officially supported - it’s in the works. What did you think of the curves? I tried the Harmon and Nad...
  8. E

Keep in mind that aside from Mic-to-PC cable, you'll also need a PC-to-SHD cable. My stereo setup is in my office. Computer is near my sitting position, so I used the included Mic USB cable. The SHD is on the other side of the room. I permanently keep a USB plugged into the SHD so I don't have...
  9. E

I just had a deal fall in my lap that I had to hop on. Picked up a McIntosh C2300 tube preamp for significantly under market value. Paired that with my McIntosh MC152 solid state amp. Preamp being fed by the MiniDSP SHD. I configured the SHD with a high pass to the tube preamp and a low pass to...
  10. E

Looking forward to your update with the rolled tubes! I read that the GE tubes sound good as well as combinations of others. Do you notice any difference in passive mode (runs it through JFET I think) vs not having the Freya?
  11. E

I‘m thinking of pairing a Freya+ with my SHD… how did your experiment go? Sounds great? Plays well with Dirac?
  12. E

Protocol for sales on ASR

That would be the norm. Pay first, then ship. There is no reason to trust a stranger to any level beyond that. In fact, asking to ship before paying would seem shifty to me.
  13. E

WTB MiniDSP SHD

Looks like he got his somewhere, so it's just me now! :P
  14. E

WTB MiniDSP SHD

Hi there, looking to buy a used SHD - I'm located in California, so not competing with the posting from Australia since we have different voltage. :) Not required to have the Umik microphone as I already have one for REW. I'd need to have the Dirac license transferred over. Thanks
Top Bottom