Search results

1. D

Help Shape Our Upcoming CD Player for 2024

And does not have a display :(
  2. D

Help Shape Our Upcoming CD Player for 2024

1. No desire for batteries 2. Built in DAC is desired 3. Optical and Coax, RCA preferred for Analog out. 4. No need, I have a USB DVD read/write unit for my computers 5. Prefer higher voltage 6. Yes, support for a remote control, CD text, LED display. What would be really nice is an iOS app that...
  3. D

Wiim Pro Plus with a CD transport

I scored a minty Panasonic Blu-ray player with an optical output for a fair price. Much simpler than adding another box and transformer into the setup.
  4. D

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

Optical In on the Denon could be used to send the signal from the WiiM to the Denon. It will not send the signal from the Denon to the WiiM.
  5. D

The Denon does not have left/right pre-out jacks or a digital output so you can't easily take the output of the Denon and feed it to a WiiM. The Denon supports AirPlay so you should be able to use the Denon directly to send an input from it to AirPlay speakers. On FB Marketplace, I purchased a...
  6. D

The WiiM forum contains lots of great information and very knowledge folks. The manual available online contain basic information aobut the use of the WiiM. WiiM recently added some sort of LMS functionality which may be of interest to you and WiiM is working on an Ultra version which they are...
  7. D

The WiiM Pro/Plus has a 2.5mm trigger output jack, not the typical 3.5mm jack. There is a quirk (IMHO) where the turn on single from the WiiM is sent ONLY when music starts playing on the WiiM and not when the WiiM is simply turned on.
  8. D

Wiim Pro Plus with a CD transport

Same here. Unfortunately, my Sony player recognizes only about half of the cds I have. My second problem is that I can't find a new DVD or Blu-Ray with optical output. The few players that have a digital output are of the coaxial form.
  9. D

According to Darko, the Pro Plus has a different DAC, new ADC circuit, and added ballast to the case.
  10. D

WiiM Mini Streamer

Bummer. I wonder if it's Apple or Amazon that is intentionally restricting it or if it is for some other reason.
  11. D

WiiM Mini Streamer

Amazon claims that there is an Alexa skill for Apple Music. If you link this skill to your Alexa account, you should be able to tell Alexa to play Apple Music on whatever you have named the Wiim Mini in Alexa. I doubt you will be able to control it from the Apple Music app on Android or iOS...
  12. D

WiiM Pro Streamer

You sure?, see here https://www.soundandvision.com/content/yamaha-musiccast-products-can-now-stream-qobuz
  13. D

WiiM Pro Streamer

Depending upon what you are trying to stream, you might be able to do it directly from within the Yamaha AVR or the Yamaha MusicCast app. My Yamaha AVR has Spotify, Pandora, Internet radio and a DLNA built into it. I think the Tidal App connect feature supports the Yamaha AVR as an endpoint. I...
  14. D

Best value streamer with no DAC

I think it is analog and optical digital out only on Chromecast Audio. There is Coax output to my knowledge.
  15. D

connect echo 3.5 to Toslink of DAC unit =24 bit ?

What OS are you running? If it is a supported version of maOS or Windows it should work fine. If you are using Windows you might be able to use Alexa voice control from an Echo Dot or installing the Alexa app on the Windows machine.
  16. D

Sony SS-CS5 crossover upgrade discussion

You mean like this one? I cringed at ~30 minutes in when he has the knife under the plastic ring and is pulling it towards his body.
  17. D

Sony SS-CS5 crossover upgrade discussion

What's the problem with taking them apart? Danny Richie seemed to have no problem taking them apart. https://gr-research.com/product/sony-ss-cs5-upgrade/
  18. D

GR Research X-LS Encore Kit Speaker Review

I think I can save you $50. Danny claims that they sound great because they are low mass and non-magnetic. Terminal blocks made of copper should meet the criteria. Similar to what Vandersteen does. https://www.vandersteen.com/media/VCC2_BackPlate_0537_940x432_1.jpg
  19. D

Can Dirac overcome the Onkyo RZ50 shortcomings? X3700H instead?

And Sound United has been sold to a medical technology company.
Top Bottom