Search results

1. M

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Apologies… I try and read all the posts and even searched for the appropriate terms but drew a blank. Thankfully, Keith was kind enough to provide an answer.
  2. M

Hi all Am interested in buying the A6 or A6 ME, and was comparing the two on YouTube, here. Given all the compromises of trying to compare two sources via YouTube played back over my Hypex NC252MP and Buchardt S400 mkII’s, I was surprised to hear a small tonal difference. Subjectively, the...
  3. M

EverSolo Z8 DAC & Amp Review

Ah ok, thanks for the quick response.
  4. M

EverSolo Z8 DAC & Amp Review

Hi all, anyone know if they’ve added PEQ with a firmware update?
  5. M

I have this question also, please.
  6. M

Marantz Cinema 70s AVR Review

Sorry, I’m not understanding the point you’re trying to make. Why would the ability to handle more data make the hdmi interface less noisy than toslink?
  7. M

Well perhaps Monolith spent a large proportion of the $4000 asking price on eeking the most out of hdmi?
  8. M

I read somewhere that hdmi is an inherently more noisier interface vs toslink. Perhaps because often it is transmitting video data also. But it was a few years ago so perhaps it has been addressed in the newer protocols. I’ll flip the question. Show me an audio processor that measures better...
  9. M

Can you stop reviewing my gear; first the Hegel H95 and now the Marantz 70s :p I daren't buy anything else! In all seriousness, I bought the Cinema 70s to use as a processor/pre-amp only and wasn't expecting cutting edge performance. As I understand it, audio over HDMI is quite noisy...
  10. M

Hegel H95 Review (Streaming Amplifier)

They did, and noticed the increase in THD+N above 0.6 Vrms. “This behaviour of more than a 20dB increase in THD+N between 0.6 and 2Vrms is curious; however, in most home-use cases, analog levels from the variable line outputs of the H95 driving most power amplifiers would not exceed 0.6Vrms.”
  11. M

Why let facts spoil your faux anger? Hegel state 60wpc into 8 ohms (1% THD), not 75wpc.
  12. M

I'd like to thank @solderdude for being a voice of reason while many were throwing excrement and rotten vegetables.
  13. M

Thank you for the test and review, @amirm. I bought this amp 6 months prior, haha. When you buy something at such cost (despite it being an entry level product for Hegel), and you enjoy how it performs, then it's a little like hearing someone insult your wife/kids/pets, etc.! I thought I had...
  14. M

Music is dead.

Thank you so much @AnalogSteph, Meg Myers and Clews are awesome!
  15. M

PMC Twenty.21 Bookshelf Speaker Review

Made time for a critical listening session this morning. Long story short, the Monitor Audio GX50's are back in the system. I resolved the muffled sound compared to the PMC's by moving them out further from the rear wall - they were booming a little. Put simply, the PMC's rob music of the...
  16. M

PMC Twenty.21 Bookshelf Speaker Review

Firstly, thank you for this review and the countless others. This is now my goto website for shortlisting equipment, so thank you for the content and the community. Secondly, a confession... I own these PMC Twenty 21 speakers :). I bought them blind from Lintone Audio when they were on offer...
  17. M

Denafrips ARES II USB R2R DAC Review

Read through this topic with interest; a lovely mixture of passive aggressive posts and some genuine interest into why a good measuring DAC may sound (positively) different from others. I've a question about the testing, if possible? When plotting the frequency response of a DAC, presumably a...
  18. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

I'm not sure I can reliably tell the difference between the filters, but I do seem to prefer slow filters over the sharp ones. I know from the testing that this creates spurious (ultra) high frequency noise, but obviously this can't be heard. Whether that creates any wear on the speakers, I'd...
  19. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

Thank you @JohnYang1997, you’re right of course. I had intended to point out that minimum phase has a much reduced group delay over linear phase. You may prefer this filter if you’re sensitive to transients and the leading edge of notes. I’m experimenting with the super slow filter at the...
  20. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

Has anyone posted this previously? I performed a search and no results were returned. Mods, please delete if I'm not permitted to link this. The article delves into the measured performance of the AK4493 filters in the E30. I don't want to re-open the linear vs minimum phase debate (no...
Top Bottom