Search results

1. J

Outlaw Model 5000 Multichannel Amplifier Review

happy to report back the amp is completely quite now. Had to try a few different combination of power bars and how the devices are plugged in, but whatever did the trick it completely eliminated the occasional hum noise i was experiencing. Thank you all for the tip and advice!
  2. J

Thank you very much! I will try the same circuit, cheater plug, and another grounding point. It sounds like the issue is that i didn't use the scraped bare screw (used top vent blade which is still coated). Maybe that explains why the noise is reduced but not completely gone. Thanks again, i...
  3. J

sad to report i still haven't been able to completely resolve the issue. The noise is almost halved, but still there 1. By the "same circuit" did you mean the same outlet therefore using a power bar to supply power to both receiver and amp? 2. My outlaw doesn't have any dedicated ground screw...
  4. J

yes they are in the same circuit. Good to hear you have no hum issue with the same amp and denon receiver. Do you mind sharing what kind of cable you used in doing this? is there any readily aviable cable or you had to fabricate one yourself?
  5. J

Found the spot marked as "Signal GND" on the receiver right beside the phono input. this must be what you mentioned. Thank you very much for your help. will keep you posted how this goes!
  6. J

Please enlighten a noob here. I've recently bought this amp (first power amp ever for me) used, and while everything is working fine, i do hear a low buzzing noise from the center speaker. When there is any sound coming out, the noise is completely inaudible. However when its not ( like no...
  7. J

if one was to buy this amp and use it for front 3 speaker duty.. how would you connect it? it will be mated with denon 3600. My main focus is Movie & Game, no critical mustic listening. i was thinking.. L + R + bi amp centre so just using 4 channel. Or.. (L + R) biamp + Centre, or is this all...
  8. J

Help me understand AVR preout voltage & matching external power amp

i am getting confused again.. and somehow it sounds like i had a wrong understanding of the situation. I thought the avr does put out upto 4v in 11 speaker configuration as shown here. Post #44...
  9. J

Thank you very much! your explanation is crystal clear
  10. J

thank you very much. had no clue it was just as simple as meeting the lower voltage number! By any chance, do you have insight on rca input for Hypex modules as well?
  11. J

Hi everyone, I have a denon 3600, and am planning to add an external power amp and use it in 7.1.4 configuration. My understanding is this mode will output cleanly (upto) 4v for LR, but 1.5v for all other channels. If one wanted to add a "3CH" power amp, how would you choose a separate power...
  12. J

Denon AVR-X3600H AV Receiver Review

for those who has added 3ch power amp for LCR to expand to 11ch, can you share what power amp was chosen? Is the different voltage out of FR vs C ( in 11ch mode) a considerable factor in making this kind of decision? If i were to add Emotiva XPA3 or Nord 3ch (NC252mp+250mp), is one better...
  13. J

Double Blind tests *did* show amplifiers to sound different

Thank you very much everyone. I now understand why i wasn't able to get any conclusive comment anywhere. When i saw the word "WINE" everything just clicked and started to make sense in my head. Why i can observe two sides of the group on this debate, and how these expensive power amps even exist...
  14. J

First of all.. thank you very much for your input. i really appreciate it. You must be on the side that the all amps sound the same unless it isn't clipping. I have been trying to find an answer to my question for a long time and can't find any conclusive comment on this subject. One side says...
  15. J

I initially didn't state what speakers i had because i wanted to ask @amirm if he thinks or has tested if two different amps (internal denon amp vs external power amp in my case) could make different sound under normal operations condition (before clipping) as i never listen to anything at...
  16. J

Thank you very much for the comment. Could you please elaborate more on this bold sentence? I think this is what i would like to know in real life experience as i don't listen to anything at reference level, but would like to know if i could benefit from adding an external power amplifier.
  17. J

I have a denon 3600 with Emotiva T2, C2, E2, and 2 pairs of B1 ( 9 speakers + 1 active subwoofer ), sit about 12ft away from TV and listen around 65~70db on average. The speakers have crossover set at 80. I am fairly new to this hobby (Mostly movie) , but i thought i could notice if the sound...
  18. J

@amirm Sorry for bringing this old thread back to life. please take it as i am doing my homework. You are the most knowledgeable/experienced person i can think of to ask this question. Assuming an average user & equipment. do you think or could it be scientifically proven that amp can make...
  19. J

Thank you very much for your suggestion! i will look into Monolith and Outlaw you mentioned. I guess the hypex amp isn't a good match for AVRs due to the low input sensitivity.
  20. J

Please help out a noob here. I currently have a denon 3600 with 7.1.2 configuration and am planning to expand to 7.1.4 which will require an addition of power amplifier. Instead of 2ch power amp i'd like to add 3ch hypex amp if this could improve the sound quality of centre speaker. ( Fronts are...
Top Bottom